30. Surah Ar-Rum (Rome)
2. The Romans have been defeated.
3. In the nearer land (Syria, Iraq, Jordan, and Palestine), and they, after their defeat, will be victorious.
4. Within three to nine years. The decision of the matter, before and after (these events) is only with Allah, (before the defeat of Romans by the Persians, and after, i.e. the defeat of the Persians by the Romans). And on that Day, the believers (i.e. Muslims) will rejoice (at the victory given by Allah to the Romans against the Persians)
The verse 4; Only He knows about the eventual of Roman-Persian conflict and that reflect or coincided with the battle of Badr ( Perang Badar, ingat tak?) 313 men from Muslim army won the battle against thousand of Quraish army.
Now lets get back to the verse 3, In the nearer land (Syria, Iraq, Jordan, and Palestine), and they, after their defeat, will be victorious.
Victorious Palestine! He fails not to His promises. ( Obama has just announcede the transformation of American army from Iraq, now we need to know Gaza status.. yes, we know its between Israel, but hey!..at least what he can do!)
Thereafter, Athens and Greece became part of the Islamic world of the Ottoman and new mosque sprang up around the Agora of Athens; Tzisdarakis Mosque in Monastiraki Squre (I need to write it down here, eventho I haven’t made a googling about the mosque. Later I will, nodding a promise)
Acropolis in Athens, acropolis mean the city of edge, principally for defense purpose..and there were many other acropolises, as per the Internet. But this is the Acropolis without prerequisite.
Last but not least,.. this is the verse about prayers time.
Verse 17. So glorify Allah [above all that (evil) they associate with Him (O believers)], when you come up to the evening [i.e. offer the (Maghrib) sunset and ('Isha') night prayers], and when you enter the morning [i.e offer the (Fajr) morning prayer].
Verse 18. And His is all the praises and thanks in the heavens and the earth, and (glorify Him) in the afternoon (i.e. offer 'Asr prayer) and when you come up to the time, when the day begins to decline (i.e offer Zuhr prayer).
Ibn 'Abbas said: These are the five compulsory congregational prayers mentioned in the Qur'an
And I while browsing, I also found this
Rev. George Bush (1796-1859) says about Muhammad (SAW):
He laid the foundation of an empire, which, in the short space of eighty years, extended its sway over more kingdoms and countries than Rome had mastered in eight hundred. And when we pass from the political to the religious ascendancy which he gained, and consider the rapid growth, the wide diffusion, and the enduring permanence of the Mohammedan imposture, we are still more astonished…
..Lucky to be born a Muslim. And if all people despite the consequences of color and religion unite under the beauty of history and one’s culture, it could made salvation not to destroy.
1. Commission on Scientific Signs of Qur'an & Sunnah: www.nooran.org
2. www.noblequran.com , for the translation Surah 30..what to do..baca depan PC kan senang :P
3. www.witness-pioneer.org , for Battle of Badr..sebab dah lupa sikit
4. The Acropolis: Its significance in the development of religious - Fazal Ahmad, UK. www.alislam.org
Greco-Roman and Persian periods, also captured by the Muslim Arabs under Khalid al-Walid
now, at my own acropolis :D War Memorial, Kundasang