Thursday, June 18, 2009

Not even Beckham!



my sister (now the fashion police part timer) she has a very interesting entry today about the Shemagh; I know you know the checkered scarf hangs around the neck...So, I would like to extend this issue.

The Keffiyeh scarf, because it sounds better than Shemagh, has cultural and political significance (a picture of Yassir Arafat now) also a symbol of Palestinian nationalism. But the scarf has been in and out of fashion trends for ages in Europe and Asia( tak panas ke?)

The traditional wear of the Keffiyeh is to protect mouth/nose/eyes from the desert condition, and yes you can imagine many practical reasons to wear the scarf. I personally think no one can wear it good but the middle eastern militaries because the innocent use of Keffiyeh as its symbol of jihad.

..reminds me my previous entry, picture captured form Majalah 3 special covers on Gaza war.

So what did you do to deserve Keffiyeh? Ok I know I get emotional now..

.

And you too, didn’t you?

As I browse thru pages, I found forum about the wearing of Keffiyeh as contemporary trends is nothing but to support the terrorism. WTH. But at least, some outfitters called it as ‘anti-war scarf’. Better.

3 comments:

nurul khairunie said...

kan?
macam dorang merampas dr tahanan trus ambil tu skaf bikin pakai2.
what the.

cik siken said...

ernie,aku pun ada same issue kenapa perlu pakai scarf macam tu jadi trend..kadang2 rasa macam sinikal jokes..

zailamohamad said...

love Beckham!!!

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Not even Beckham!



my sister (now the fashion police part timer) she has a very interesting entry today about the Shemagh; I know you know the checkered scarf hangs around the neck...So, I would like to extend this issue.

The Keffiyeh scarf, because it sounds better than Shemagh, has cultural and political significance (a picture of Yassir Arafat now) also a symbol of Palestinian nationalism. But the scarf has been in and out of fashion trends for ages in Europe and Asia( tak panas ke?)

The traditional wear of the Keffiyeh is to protect mouth/nose/eyes from the desert condition, and yes you can imagine many practical reasons to wear the scarf. I personally think no one can wear it good but the middle eastern militaries because the innocent use of Keffiyeh as its symbol of jihad.

..reminds me my previous entry, picture captured form Majalah 3 special covers on Gaza war.

So what did you do to deserve Keffiyeh? Ok I know I get emotional now..

.

And you too, didn’t you?

As I browse thru pages, I found forum about the wearing of Keffiyeh as contemporary trends is nothing but to support the terrorism. WTH. But at least, some outfitters called it as ‘anti-war scarf’. Better.

3 comments:

nurul khairunie said...

kan?
macam dorang merampas dr tahanan trus ambil tu skaf bikin pakai2.
what the.

cik siken said...

ernie,aku pun ada same issue kenapa perlu pakai scarf macam tu jadi trend..kadang2 rasa macam sinikal jokes..

zailamohamad said...

love Beckham!!!