Monday, August 10, 2009

count as knowledge

Frankly, I couldn't care less for TGIF but my Friday class has bring it back! My classes scheduled at 6-9pm everyday (consider those who have full time job) But unlike other classes, Dasar Komunikasi lecturer (always) will dismiss the class an hour earlier than scheduled =D

I've told hubby that I think I'm blessed, semua lecturer hebat2 - they bring their experiences in teaching. I must respect my Dasar Komunikasi lecturer; Prof Dr M Safar for his mega memory =) He was a journalist at Bernama for 13 years..and wrote numerous good books ..He is a communication scholar!

We like to be right with those true facts, aren't we? So, I'm sure glad to share anything interesting. How about the history of Internet? Dr Safar told us the first ever invention for Internet was done by American base army by connecting 4 computers (end of 1960's) called as ARPA- since he mentioned about the 4 computers only, I google for it and this is what I found;

Department of Defense constructed one of the first physical networks of computers by linking nodes at the University of California at Los Angeles, SRI (in Stanford), University of California at Santa Barbara, and University of Utah.- the said 4 computers, sekarang ni satu rumah boleh ada 4 laptop kan? =) not me la. This was known as the Advanced Research Projects Agency Network (ARPANET) - Dr, saya dah tahu ARPA!

It was only a couple years after ARPANET began that the first e-mail program for the network was created by Ray Tomlinson in 1971. Tomlinson is also credited as the one who decided to use the @ symbol in email addresses. He sent the first email that same year. Five years later, in 1976, the Queen of England sent her first e-mail from a British Army base as a part of a demonstration of networking technology.

Malaysia RANGKOM project (for Internet mission) was started in 1983. Done by four communication and technology expertise, my bad I can only recall two names ; Dr Zawawi Ismail and Tengku Azman Sarifuddin. They had came out with 5 million project proposal to DR M, and that was the starting point for the famous MIMOS.. so to JARING, TM, Time...

Not bad kan tau benda2 macam ni.. We love technology, can't live a day without the internet =D
I'm in the mood to upload pictures ..

We went to Alamanda yesterday, Ya Allah boleh tak takut nak pengsan pasal H1N1?? Anyway, saja ajak adik pegi Bayou

k nadia, the service hasn't improved with time =D , but can't resist the yummy dessert - Warm center-filled choc and ice cream

servis lambat, bergambar dulu =D

2 comments:

kemaryahya said...

Bayou tu restoran kat ne ernie?
aku duk baca cite pasal dasar komunikasi ko tulis. gile tak minat aku..hhuhuuhu...selamat belajar dgn minat yg mendalam! :)

Ernie Khairina said...

kema,
aku pula tak suke math..yek! hehe..anyway, count as knowledge!

Bayou kat alamanda la..meh datang =)

Monday, August 10, 2009

count as knowledge

Frankly, I couldn't care less for TGIF but my Friday class has bring it back! My classes scheduled at 6-9pm everyday (consider those who have full time job) But unlike other classes, Dasar Komunikasi lecturer (always) will dismiss the class an hour earlier than scheduled =D

I've told hubby that I think I'm blessed, semua lecturer hebat2 - they bring their experiences in teaching. I must respect my Dasar Komunikasi lecturer; Prof Dr M Safar for his mega memory =) He was a journalist at Bernama for 13 years..and wrote numerous good books ..He is a communication scholar!

We like to be right with those true facts, aren't we? So, I'm sure glad to share anything interesting. How about the history of Internet? Dr Safar told us the first ever invention for Internet was done by American base army by connecting 4 computers (end of 1960's) called as ARPA- since he mentioned about the 4 computers only, I google for it and this is what I found;

Department of Defense constructed one of the first physical networks of computers by linking nodes at the University of California at Los Angeles, SRI (in Stanford), University of California at Santa Barbara, and University of Utah.- the said 4 computers, sekarang ni satu rumah boleh ada 4 laptop kan? =) not me la. This was known as the Advanced Research Projects Agency Network (ARPANET) - Dr, saya dah tahu ARPA!

It was only a couple years after ARPANET began that the first e-mail program for the network was created by Ray Tomlinson in 1971. Tomlinson is also credited as the one who decided to use the @ symbol in email addresses. He sent the first email that same year. Five years later, in 1976, the Queen of England sent her first e-mail from a British Army base as a part of a demonstration of networking technology.

Malaysia RANGKOM project (for Internet mission) was started in 1983. Done by four communication and technology expertise, my bad I can only recall two names ; Dr Zawawi Ismail and Tengku Azman Sarifuddin. They had came out with 5 million project proposal to DR M, and that was the starting point for the famous MIMOS.. so to JARING, TM, Time...

Not bad kan tau benda2 macam ni.. We love technology, can't live a day without the internet =D
I'm in the mood to upload pictures ..

We went to Alamanda yesterday, Ya Allah boleh tak takut nak pengsan pasal H1N1?? Anyway, saja ajak adik pegi Bayou

k nadia, the service hasn't improved with time =D , but can't resist the yummy dessert - Warm center-filled choc and ice cream

servis lambat, bergambar dulu =D

2 comments:

kemaryahya said...

Bayou tu restoran kat ne ernie?
aku duk baca cite pasal dasar komunikasi ko tulis. gile tak minat aku..hhuhuuhu...selamat belajar dgn minat yg mendalam! :)

Ernie Khairina said...

kema,
aku pula tak suke math..yek! hehe..anyway, count as knowledge!

Bayou kat alamanda la..meh datang =)