Saturday, December 17, 2011

Andalucia Day 1 : Marbella

I'm smiling, reminiscing Spain (Andalucia) as I'm typing this entry. I miss Costa del Sol with all of my heart, thanks hubby for the videos =) If only I could share with you but obviously they need to be edited to shorter version hehe. Well, the weather was at its good, Andalucia has a picturisque surrounding....hills and beaches. A great balcony, I must say. Very perfect that photos will never do it justice.

Anyway, let's start from our first day. The flight to Malaga by Ryanair was at 6:50am, we did an early bedtime sebab kesian Aariz nanti penat. But my cheecky boy steady je..as always lah Aariz. The flight took approx 2 hrs ++. Sebenarnya, I still fear of flying terutamanya part departure and landing, but the beautiful landscape made by a near beach Malaga airport left me awe struck. Ohhh tak sabar2, sedikit berdebar juga ada.

The weather was a bliss. We didn't need jackets...selesa sangat. Boots put aside, I just wore thin cardigan. Aariz seemed so happy without clothes weigh on him. I was expected to see a sign with my husband's name  on it by the care hire staff, but nothing like that has happened. So we called them haha. I'm strongly recommend you to hire a car in here. We got a manual car (left-hand drive tau), a baby seat and gps navi with full tank petrol at EURO90.





I'm usually an itinerary kind of traveler, had printed out sheets of excel files (believe me!) or 'buku travel' kalau my husband cakap. We had Marbella on the first page, with Oldtown and Puerto Banus as the locations to go. I purposely chose Oldtown because I wanted some romantic gateway. Yes, Oldtown was absolutely charming, white washed streets, chic boutiques and cafes side by side, square and fountains and I loved the balconies overflowing with flowers. So we parked our car at Marisquera La Pesquera restaurant basement at Plaza Victoria and let ourselves lost in the Casco Historico (the name of the Oldtown on map)








We had our late lunch at a restaurante named Medium Rare, the food was expensive in here. I think Marbella is a place for rich people to hang out..even a parking ticket for 2 hours costs us 8Euro T_T Tapi takpelah, bukan selalu...orang kata, nak tengok2 kan. Sean Connery used to lived in here..  there's a plaza named Antonio Banderas. Many times I told myself, I'm in south Spain weehuuu!







Yes orange trees pretty much everywhere, they line the streets and flourish tapi macam orang tak kisah.. We still curious about it.

More photos..








Sorrylah banyak sangat gambar...Sharing is caring hehe.
After Oldtown we went to Puerto Banus, a marina located at the southwest of Marbella. Another playground for the rich and famous. Tapi ramai je tourist like us kat sini..tho sometimes rasa alien sikit orang tengok2 probably because I'm wearing scarf/tudung.






After Marbella, we went to our hotel in Benalmadena. I made an early reservation for this hotel to secure our room and best discounted price from http://www.lateroom.com/ . We got a studio apartment at Sunset Beach Club hotel. Two thumbs up for its cleanliness and full kitchen utensil. Satisfaction throughout our 3 days stay in this hotel. Our room was overlooking the pool and beach..hmmm.. rindunya..




Ok jangan penat tengok gambar ye..I'll continue on our second day ... a visit to Benalmadena Pueblo, a spanish village.

7 comments:

Arifah said...

comel tgk aariz..dh penuih gigi dia..hehhe

Ernie Khairina said...

hehe ye byk dah gigi =)

AyuKirana said...

the sky is blue...and so are u...cantik tmpt2 tu ernie :)..suka aku tgk gambar2 tu..

Sal said...

bestnya kak jalan2... kena ziarah semua tmpt ni b4 balik kl.hihi...

Ernie Khairina said...

hada,
so blueee..masyaAllah

sal,
ya mau juga, insyAllah kalau ada rezeki =) nanti kakak kongsi di sini

lily said...

bestnya!
aariz macam biasa,tetap comel ;)
tak sabar nak baca journey on the second day..

Ernie Khairina said...

hi lily,
thanks for reading this blog hehe

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Andalucia Day 1 : Marbella

I'm smiling, reminiscing Spain (Andalucia) as I'm typing this entry. I miss Costa del Sol with all of my heart, thanks hubby for the videos =) If only I could share with you but obviously they need to be edited to shorter version hehe. Well, the weather was at its good, Andalucia has a picturisque surrounding....hills and beaches. A great balcony, I must say. Very perfect that photos will never do it justice.

Anyway, let's start from our first day. The flight to Malaga by Ryanair was at 6:50am, we did an early bedtime sebab kesian Aariz nanti penat. But my cheecky boy steady je..as always lah Aariz. The flight took approx 2 hrs ++. Sebenarnya, I still fear of flying terutamanya part departure and landing, but the beautiful landscape made by a near beach Malaga airport left me awe struck. Ohhh tak sabar2, sedikit berdebar juga ada.

The weather was a bliss. We didn't need jackets...selesa sangat. Boots put aside, I just wore thin cardigan. Aariz seemed so happy without clothes weigh on him. I was expected to see a sign with my husband's name  on it by the care hire staff, but nothing like that has happened. So we called them haha. I'm strongly recommend you to hire a car in here. We got a manual car (left-hand drive tau), a baby seat and gps navi with full tank petrol at EURO90.





I'm usually an itinerary kind of traveler, had printed out sheets of excel files (believe me!) or 'buku travel' kalau my husband cakap. We had Marbella on the first page, with Oldtown and Puerto Banus as the locations to go. I purposely chose Oldtown because I wanted some romantic gateway. Yes, Oldtown was absolutely charming, white washed streets, chic boutiques and cafes side by side, square and fountains and I loved the balconies overflowing with flowers. So we parked our car at Marisquera La Pesquera restaurant basement at Plaza Victoria and let ourselves lost in the Casco Historico (the name of the Oldtown on map)








We had our late lunch at a restaurante named Medium Rare, the food was expensive in here. I think Marbella is a place for rich people to hang out..even a parking ticket for 2 hours costs us 8Euro T_T Tapi takpelah, bukan selalu...orang kata, nak tengok2 kan. Sean Connery used to lived in here..  there's a plaza named Antonio Banderas. Many times I told myself, I'm in south Spain weehuuu!







Yes orange trees pretty much everywhere, they line the streets and flourish tapi macam orang tak kisah.. We still curious about it.

More photos..








Sorrylah banyak sangat gambar...Sharing is caring hehe.
After Oldtown we went to Puerto Banus, a marina located at the southwest of Marbella. Another playground for the rich and famous. Tapi ramai je tourist like us kat sini..tho sometimes rasa alien sikit orang tengok2 probably because I'm wearing scarf/tudung.






After Marbella, we went to our hotel in Benalmadena. I made an early reservation for this hotel to secure our room and best discounted price from http://www.lateroom.com/ . We got a studio apartment at Sunset Beach Club hotel. Two thumbs up for its cleanliness and full kitchen utensil. Satisfaction throughout our 3 days stay in this hotel. Our room was overlooking the pool and beach..hmmm.. rindunya..




Ok jangan penat tengok gambar ye..I'll continue on our second day ... a visit to Benalmadena Pueblo, a spanish village.

7 comments:

Arifah said...

comel tgk aariz..dh penuih gigi dia..hehhe

Ernie Khairina said...

hehe ye byk dah gigi =)

AyuKirana said...

the sky is blue...and so are u...cantik tmpt2 tu ernie :)..suka aku tgk gambar2 tu..

Sal said...

bestnya kak jalan2... kena ziarah semua tmpt ni b4 balik kl.hihi...

Ernie Khairina said...

hada,
so blueee..masyaAllah

sal,
ya mau juga, insyAllah kalau ada rezeki =) nanti kakak kongsi di sini

lily said...

bestnya!
aariz macam biasa,tetap comel ;)
tak sabar nak baca journey on the second day..

Ernie Khairina said...

hi lily,
thanks for reading this blog hehe