Monday, May 7, 2012

Holland : Zaanse Schans


In Holland, the windmills are everywhere. I saw it right outside the window as we passed by a tulip field, near the stream or even at center of a town, or a big city like Amsterdam. But that did not complete the scenery of classic Holland until we reached an open museum Zaanse Schans, located in neighbourhood of Zaandam. Located near Zaandijk at Zaanstad district ( I know the names rather confusing but for the sake of documenting), what makes the neighbourhood special is because it has collections of well preserved windmills and houses. They were moved to the open museum from elsewhere. Awesome place, free entrance. Double awesome =)

I like this place, I highly recommend anyone going to Amsterdam to put Zaanse museum into a list. It is a must visit place. I like the greenery peace of mind as we walked house by house. Exhibition, museums, craft shops..and by leisurely walk some might having the feeling of step back in time. And so do I.. teringat masa kecil lari-lari di sawah nenek hee.. streams flow, wooden bridge, hut..all those minus the windmill of coz!





 clog

demo buat clog...hidup betul tempat ni. Not a typical dead museum.




real house..people are actually living in here..






my last glaze..and nostalgic.



3 comments:

LS-EVERLYNN said...

bestnyeeee..:))klu nak beli designer handbag selalu kene kirim dekat sapa2 yg nk kesana..hehe..biler nk merasa smp kt snie

ReeneeRaaid said...

nice blog u have there. lovely pictures! first time I singgah blog u


http://reeneeraaid.blogspot.com/

Ernie Khairina said...

LS Everlynn,

inshaa Allah sampai tu nanti =)

welcome to my blog Reena =)

Monday, May 7, 2012

Holland : Zaanse Schans


In Holland, the windmills are everywhere. I saw it right outside the window as we passed by a tulip field, near the stream or even at center of a town, or a big city like Amsterdam. But that did not complete the scenery of classic Holland until we reached an open museum Zaanse Schans, located in neighbourhood of Zaandam. Located near Zaandijk at Zaanstad district ( I know the names rather confusing but for the sake of documenting), what makes the neighbourhood special is because it has collections of well preserved windmills and houses. They were moved to the open museum from elsewhere. Awesome place, free entrance. Double awesome =)

I like this place, I highly recommend anyone going to Amsterdam to put Zaanse museum into a list. It is a must visit place. I like the greenery peace of mind as we walked house by house. Exhibition, museums, craft shops..and by leisurely walk some might having the feeling of step back in time. And so do I.. teringat masa kecil lari-lari di sawah nenek hee.. streams flow, wooden bridge, hut..all those minus the windmill of coz!





 clog

demo buat clog...hidup betul tempat ni. Not a typical dead museum.




real house..people are actually living in here..






my last glaze..and nostalgic.



3 comments:

LS-EVERLYNN said...

bestnyeeee..:))klu nak beli designer handbag selalu kene kirim dekat sapa2 yg nk kesana..hehe..biler nk merasa smp kt snie

ReeneeRaaid said...

nice blog u have there. lovely pictures! first time I singgah blog u


http://reeneeraaid.blogspot.com/

Ernie Khairina said...

LS Everlynn,

inshaa Allah sampai tu nanti =)

welcome to my blog Reena =)