Thursday, April 12, 2012

Jurrasic coast : the Durdle Door

I was after many sites of historical importance when I first came to Europe. Museums, victorian or midieval time buildings..you know. Now, I guess, Sorrento and Devon have changed my perspective on travelling Europe. Forget about the dead gothic buildings, this is heaven!




Of all the places we had (for the past 6 months, as documented here), my husband and I had jumped to a conclusion; 2 things money can't buy are history and nature landscape preserved.

It was kinda a last minute decision to have the Jurrasic coast into our South Devon trip, since the coastal is located at Dorset hundred miles away. It was quitea trip indeed but worth it! The access to the Durdle Door is at the The Durdle Door Holiday Park (another self-catering park site, same as ours at Brixham). Paid the parking ticket, lunched by the sea view and walked almost 10 minutes down to the beach.









 the Durdle Door!

Durdle Door is a natural limestone arch and it is privately owned by the Welds, now can you imagine someone is owning this? Must be hundreds of thousands years of inheritance.



Ok, I hope you don't mind scrolling for more pictures,






hehe ok..Durdle Door, the most celebrated arch =) ..and it's time to hike up again!


The last time I had hiking was at the Great Wall of China. huh..




yang gambar permulaan tadi, Man of War



The Jurassic Coast consists of Triassic, Jurassic and Cretaceous cliffs, spanning the Mesozoic Era, documenting 180 million years of geological history (wiki). This wow coastal is under UNESCO and located at south England..haish, why is the southern always so interesting?!



Sampai sini dulu..cantik sangat kan? I've never seen anything like this. Not even in my dream. Durdle Door is just a part of the Jurrasic Coast, and another one we went was the Lulworth Cove. Next entry!

1 comment:

lily said...

cantiknya!!
subhanallah

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Jurrasic coast : the Durdle Door

I was after many sites of historical importance when I first came to Europe. Museums, victorian or midieval time buildings..you know. Now, I guess, Sorrento and Devon have changed my perspective on travelling Europe. Forget about the dead gothic buildings, this is heaven!




Of all the places we had (for the past 6 months, as documented here), my husband and I had jumped to a conclusion; 2 things money can't buy are history and nature landscape preserved.

It was kinda a last minute decision to have the Jurrasic coast into our South Devon trip, since the coastal is located at Dorset hundred miles away. It was quitea trip indeed but worth it! The access to the Durdle Door is at the The Durdle Door Holiday Park (another self-catering park site, same as ours at Brixham). Paid the parking ticket, lunched by the sea view and walked almost 10 minutes down to the beach.









 the Durdle Door!

Durdle Door is a natural limestone arch and it is privately owned by the Welds, now can you imagine someone is owning this? Must be hundreds of thousands years of inheritance.



Ok, I hope you don't mind scrolling for more pictures,






hehe ok..Durdle Door, the most celebrated arch =) ..and it's time to hike up again!


The last time I had hiking was at the Great Wall of China. huh..




yang gambar permulaan tadi, Man of War



The Jurassic Coast consists of Triassic, Jurassic and Cretaceous cliffs, spanning the Mesozoic Era, documenting 180 million years of geological history (wiki). This wow coastal is under UNESCO and located at south England..haish, why is the southern always so interesting?!



Sampai sini dulu..cantik sangat kan? I've never seen anything like this. Not even in my dream. Durdle Door is just a part of the Jurrasic Coast, and another one we went was the Lulworth Cove. Next entry!

1 comments:

lily said...

cantiknya!!
subhanallah