Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Melaka

Oh ya, April will end soon and I've only 5 entries for this month. Just where are all of my promises to update this blog gone, anyway? I've made so many promises. Promise to submit my last chapter this week. I better be, because I'm really itching to sew again.

Anyway, photos tell stories.


Location : Jonker Walk, Melaka


It was Aariz's first time out to Jonker walk. Hmm, Malaysia blessed with summer all year round, I must say.
Aariz was too sleepy while we were strolling around. But he didn't fall asleep.



Apart from cendol and laksa mission (if you're familiar with Jonker walk, you know exactly what I'm talking about), we went to Cheng Ho's museum.

I've always fascinated with China, of course I'm interested with Cheng Ho's story. So this place was his old warehouse, porcelain factory. Please note that the museum ain't run by Malaysian, it's Singaporean man who made this place because of his passion toward Cheng Ho's remarkable voyages.


An illustration to show the place once upon a time  -  The river now.

The exhibits are all about Cheng Ho's life and his 7 voyages. The admiral was a muslim, his great-grandfather was from somewhere in Uzbekistan. 


Cheng Ho and his crews visited Melaka brought their finest silk, herbs and tea. And a friendly exchange of culture, technology and to spread the Ming Dynasty. Hmm, semangat betul tour guide museum ni cerita. Worth the RM10 ticket =)


Inside the ship; rooms, kitchen, seng sei ..

Tapi memang besarlah kapal Cheng Ho. I mean, respect betul owner museum ni. Semangat.


Talk about Ming Dynasty will remind us about Cheng Ho, or  Qin dynasty for the famous Terracota army. Well, a museum should be a place where you indulge with curiosity.  Obviously terbeli buku pula, from the souvenir shop - 'China History ; Ancient China to 1911' .




I like Melaka, and this boulevard.



I love you Aariz!


1 comment:

rara said...

ahh i miss malacca! rindu nak pergi jonker walk and makan kat umbai. :)

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Melaka

Oh ya, April will end soon and I've only 5 entries for this month. Just where are all of my promises to update this blog gone, anyway? I've made so many promises. Promise to submit my last chapter this week. I better be, because I'm really itching to sew again.

Anyway, photos tell stories.


Location : Jonker Walk, Melaka


It was Aariz's first time out to Jonker walk. Hmm, Malaysia blessed with summer all year round, I must say.
Aariz was too sleepy while we were strolling around. But he didn't fall asleep.



Apart from cendol and laksa mission (if you're familiar with Jonker walk, you know exactly what I'm talking about), we went to Cheng Ho's museum.

I've always fascinated with China, of course I'm interested with Cheng Ho's story. So this place was his old warehouse, porcelain factory. Please note that the museum ain't run by Malaysian, it's Singaporean man who made this place because of his passion toward Cheng Ho's remarkable voyages.


An illustration to show the place once upon a time  -  The river now.

The exhibits are all about Cheng Ho's life and his 7 voyages. The admiral was a muslim, his great-grandfather was from somewhere in Uzbekistan. 


Cheng Ho and his crews visited Melaka brought their finest silk, herbs and tea. And a friendly exchange of culture, technology and to spread the Ming Dynasty. Hmm, semangat betul tour guide museum ni cerita. Worth the RM10 ticket =)


Inside the ship; rooms, kitchen, seng sei ..

Tapi memang besarlah kapal Cheng Ho. I mean, respect betul owner museum ni. Semangat.


Talk about Ming Dynasty will remind us about Cheng Ho, or  Qin dynasty for the famous Terracota army. Well, a museum should be a place where you indulge with curiosity.  Obviously terbeli buku pula, from the souvenir shop - 'China History ; Ancient China to 1911' .




I like Melaka, and this boulevard.



I love you Aariz!


1 comments:

rara said...

ahh i miss malacca! rindu nak pergi jonker walk and makan kat umbai. :)