Friday, September 13, 2013

Paris : inside The Louvre musee



I once made a promise to myself that, I'll come and visit the Louvre the next time I'm in Paris. We were in Paris in 2007 for hubby's road conference (and our honeymoon), I told someone (from the delegates) that I felt sad of leaving Paris without entering the Louvre. So she told me that I'll make it on my 2nd trip, just like her. And true, Alhamdulillah we made it.

There are several entrance to the Louvre, and we can get the ticket at selected mall. On that day, we planned to get off at Gare Chatelet Les Halles, and we walked along rue du Pont Neuf towards the Seine until we saw the Louvre for Porte de Lions entrance. Teringin juga nak tengok the Lions. And we loved strolling along the Seine.

cafe and souvenir shop along the Seine


If only we were there on 1st Sunday, for the free entrance, but I can't imagine how crowded is the Louvre on free Sunday. Hari2 biasa pun crowded..

But we never found the lions, or any other entrance other than the Pyramid entrance. But as luck may have it, the queue wasn't long =)  It was merely 10 mins, atau sebab visitor berstroller diutamakan. I like the cool elevator.




The entrance ticket and the museum map are sold separately. If you don't have the map, you'll end up wandering nowhere. Betul ke? As a museum fan, I don't mind getting lost inside the Louvre! And of coz I know the famous Mona Lisa is on the Denon wing =) 




God bless breastfeeding mom 










This as obviously at the 'Mona Lisa hall'. Funny that the other Venetian Renaissance art tend to be overshadowed by the popularity of Leonardo da Vinci painting. 





another Leonardo da Vinci's masterpiece that often overlooked




a sneak peak thru the window..as seen is the carousel


the Greek goddes, Nike (victory)


as expected



Aphrodite, Greek goddess of Love




and of coz we went to the Egyptian antiquities 


Children school trip

and the Medieval Louvre, at lower ground. This foundation that make way for the Renaissance palace to survive as Louvre museum.










Aariz was sleeping during the museum tour. We spent almost 4 hours inside the Louvre. Not enough really. I'll come back again (to the Louvre and many more musee in Paris) 





2 comments:

hamizah said...

Kak Renieeee, I missssss Paris too. Sigh. Bila lagi mahu pergi ni? And that souvenir shop and the beret. Wah,wah miss that moment. Haha

Ernie Khairina said...

jom pegiiii..rinduu! hehe
ntahla bila lagi dapat pegi kan. beret tu cantik, tapi kita pkai terus jadi buruk haha

Friday, September 13, 2013

Paris : inside The Louvre musee



I once made a promise to myself that, I'll come and visit the Louvre the next time I'm in Paris. We were in Paris in 2007 for hubby's road conference (and our honeymoon), I told someone (from the delegates) that I felt sad of leaving Paris without entering the Louvre. So she told me that I'll make it on my 2nd trip, just like her. And true, Alhamdulillah we made it.

There are several entrance to the Louvre, and we can get the ticket at selected mall. On that day, we planned to get off at Gare Chatelet Les Halles, and we walked along rue du Pont Neuf towards the Seine until we saw the Louvre for Porte de Lions entrance. Teringin juga nak tengok the Lions. And we loved strolling along the Seine.

cafe and souvenir shop along the Seine


If only we were there on 1st Sunday, for the free entrance, but I can't imagine how crowded is the Louvre on free Sunday. Hari2 biasa pun crowded..

But we never found the lions, or any other entrance other than the Pyramid entrance. But as luck may have it, the queue wasn't long =)  It was merely 10 mins, atau sebab visitor berstroller diutamakan. I like the cool elevator.




The entrance ticket and the museum map are sold separately. If you don't have the map, you'll end up wandering nowhere. Betul ke? As a museum fan, I don't mind getting lost inside the Louvre! And of coz I know the famous Mona Lisa is on the Denon wing =) 




God bless breastfeeding mom 










This as obviously at the 'Mona Lisa hall'. Funny that the other Venetian Renaissance art tend to be overshadowed by the popularity of Leonardo da Vinci painting. 





another Leonardo da Vinci's masterpiece that often overlooked




a sneak peak thru the window..as seen is the carousel


the Greek goddes, Nike (victory)


as expected



Aphrodite, Greek goddess of Love




and of coz we went to the Egyptian antiquities 


Children school trip

and the Medieval Louvre, at lower ground. This foundation that make way for the Renaissance palace to survive as Louvre museum.










Aariz was sleeping during the museum tour. We spent almost 4 hours inside the Louvre. Not enough really. I'll come back again (to the Louvre and many more musee in Paris) 





2 comments:

hamizah said...

Kak Renieeee, I missssss Paris too. Sigh. Bila lagi mahu pergi ni? And that souvenir shop and the beret. Wah,wah miss that moment. Haha

Ernie Khairina said...

jom pegiiii..rinduu! hehe
ntahla bila lagi dapat pegi kan. beret tu cantik, tapi kita pkai terus jadi buruk haha