Friday, August 6, 2010

Aariz : the birth story

Apologies for my late post of Aariz birth story and thanks so much for all of your comments =) Hayoo it's the best challenge to calm and sooth cranky Aariz, but he knows how to tackle me with his smile =) Ok baby, now your demand is my command!

I've been thinking to post this entry ever since I was discharged but there's no way I could be glued again to this computer. Anyhow, before the memory starts sinking I better write down about it.


19 July 5pm

We went to clinic for my weekly check up. I told my doctor that there are bloody show with some mucus. It was 3 days away to my EDD, so the doctor performed the dilation check. I fear the dilation check, if only you know how the process is! - Index and middle fingers underneath ... TWO fingers fgs! and she twisted them to stimulate the dilation. And to my surprise I was 2 cm dilated!

So I was wondering 2 fingers for 2cm, and how many fingers can fit in there? 10 fingers for 10 cm? haha so lame!

I was advised to go home. But I asked hubby for new curtain, an idea that came out of nowhere =D Must be last minit punya mengidam! So off we went to Nilai 3..sabar je la kan?


20 July

5am

I wasn't sure if it was the real contration. The pain was very mild, like food poisoning. I began to examine the pain timer..it came regularly about 2 minutes and this time I knew it was the 'real alarm' omg.

6am

Hubby puts on the TENS machine. I lay down on my bed, practicing the breathing technique. I guess the machine helped me a lot that I could stand the pain until we reached the hospital.

9 am-11am

I was already in the labour room. The first thing I told the nurses was that I don't want any drip, because the needles and tubes would only distract my attention. cheh! I texted everyone; my sisters, parent, aunties, friends (sempat!) and ayah was so emotional he even cried hehe

The midwife performed the dilation check and it was very surprising that I was already 7cm dilated..fuyoo! 7cm dilation with mild contraction, it must be the TENS machine!

My doctor came and congratulated me for not taking any epidural or whatsoever..sempat pula tu rasa bangga =D Everyone (nurses and midwife) was like ' hey is this machine makes you very strong?'

But I regret that I made my own assumption that the TENS machine would disturb the baby heartbeat machine monitor. I put off the TENS machine and in just a few minutes I felt the pain was so unbearable.. I didn't scream, but engaging the pain with breathing technique, and hubby kept massaging my back...bagi minum air selusuh dan sapu kat ubun2.

The nurses came and emptied my bladder with a small tube and again performed the dilation check. I hate these two processes. How I wish someone could invent for ' mesin pengimbas bukaan' haha.

12 - 2 ish pm

ALL THE PAIN IN THIS WORLD ! I've gone crazy and yes I screamed a bit, I hold his hand tightly macam boleh je patah..pulling his cloths ..sakit gila, sabar je abang melayan. And yes I knew I looked like mad woman - long hair is definately not for labour room!

I secretly tried to push..sabar je la, because it was really hard not to push! My in law was there too, and I asked the nurse for any painkiller. And at last I got one jab and hubby put the TENS machine on my back again. But they didn't kill the pain!

About 230pm a midwife came to me and she was very surprised that my bladder should be emptied again but no one did so!" kalau tak pukul 12 pm tadi lagi kamu dah beranak"..haaaa?? sedih!

Immediately after my bladder was emptied, the nurses began to set up the 'real' labour room..they tied both my legs, the doctor came and instructed me to push harder. I saw a scissor!

The doctor must've done some cutting down there but I hardly felt it as I continued pushing, because only pushing could ease the pain! I took a long breath like I'll never breath again and push harder, and the second attempt Aariz came out!

"Alhamdulillah..alhamdulillah..terima kasih doctor" can't believe it was so dramatic. The doctor asked my husband if he wanted to take any picture.. haaa, tak kuasa nak tangkap2 gambar tengah sakit ni.

I was very exhausted that with one injection I fall asleep and only woke up at 6pm, so I escape the stitching pain hehe.

Aariz Afzal Muhammad was born at 2:43pm and weighs 3.45kg. Alhamdulillah. Thanks for coming into our life. We love you.

11 comments:

Shikhin Ishak said...

aku baca sambil bulu roma semua tegak..

eis said...

baca sambil flashback pengalaman sendiri. pheww!
20th july- Aariz boleh celebrate bday dgn aunty eis..eceh!

Khairieah said...

i saw a scissor!! omg

tahniah {nama timangan di rumah} for the first delivery.. what an experience!!!

we love u!

♥ sha ♥ said...

omg... aku saspen!

Liyana said...

congrates erni, btw,...what is the TENS machine? never heard about it b4...

Ernie Khairina said...

shikin,
ni pun aku cerita takla detail sgt hehe..


eis,
ya mesti teringat kan..

Ernie Khairina said...

khairieah,
yes scissor! hehe thanks muah3

sha,
mmg saspen =)

liyana,
tens machine is another option for pain relief =) google la menarik!

Sal said...

sy baca smbil cuba membayangkan. Kin takut huhu... Pa2 pun tahniah selamat melahirkan first baby.=)

Mrs Nageb said...

so touching..so curious and so dramatic..hopefully everything will be going ok nanti :)

Mommy AdaMia said...

best kan labour..hehe..walaupun sakit ;)

Watie MMU said...

uih sempat lg ke nilai 3 :p..for myself, its only took 3 hours from 2cm to fully dilated :) dan tak sekuat ko utk tahan sakit when decided to take epi once dilation dh 6cm kot..huhu

Friday, August 6, 2010

Aariz : the birth story

Apologies for my late post of Aariz birth story and thanks so much for all of your comments =) Hayoo it's the best challenge to calm and sooth cranky Aariz, but he knows how to tackle me with his smile =) Ok baby, now your demand is my command!

I've been thinking to post this entry ever since I was discharged but there's no way I could be glued again to this computer. Anyhow, before the memory starts sinking I better write down about it.


19 July 5pm

We went to clinic for my weekly check up. I told my doctor that there are bloody show with some mucus. It was 3 days away to my EDD, so the doctor performed the dilation check. I fear the dilation check, if only you know how the process is! - Index and middle fingers underneath ... TWO fingers fgs! and she twisted them to stimulate the dilation. And to my surprise I was 2 cm dilated!

So I was wondering 2 fingers for 2cm, and how many fingers can fit in there? 10 fingers for 10 cm? haha so lame!

I was advised to go home. But I asked hubby for new curtain, an idea that came out of nowhere =D Must be last minit punya mengidam! So off we went to Nilai 3..sabar je la kan?


20 July

5am

I wasn't sure if it was the real contration. The pain was very mild, like food poisoning. I began to examine the pain timer..it came regularly about 2 minutes and this time I knew it was the 'real alarm' omg.

6am

Hubby puts on the TENS machine. I lay down on my bed, practicing the breathing technique. I guess the machine helped me a lot that I could stand the pain until we reached the hospital.

9 am-11am

I was already in the labour room. The first thing I told the nurses was that I don't want any drip, because the needles and tubes would only distract my attention. cheh! I texted everyone; my sisters, parent, aunties, friends (sempat!) and ayah was so emotional he even cried hehe

The midwife performed the dilation check and it was very surprising that I was already 7cm dilated..fuyoo! 7cm dilation with mild contraction, it must be the TENS machine!

My doctor came and congratulated me for not taking any epidural or whatsoever..sempat pula tu rasa bangga =D Everyone (nurses and midwife) was like ' hey is this machine makes you very strong?'

But I regret that I made my own assumption that the TENS machine would disturb the baby heartbeat machine monitor. I put off the TENS machine and in just a few minutes I felt the pain was so unbearable.. I didn't scream, but engaging the pain with breathing technique, and hubby kept massaging my back...bagi minum air selusuh dan sapu kat ubun2.

The nurses came and emptied my bladder with a small tube and again performed the dilation check. I hate these two processes. How I wish someone could invent for ' mesin pengimbas bukaan' haha.

12 - 2 ish pm

ALL THE PAIN IN THIS WORLD ! I've gone crazy and yes I screamed a bit, I hold his hand tightly macam boleh je patah..pulling his cloths ..sakit gila, sabar je abang melayan. And yes I knew I looked like mad woman - long hair is definately not for labour room!

I secretly tried to push..sabar je la, because it was really hard not to push! My in law was there too, and I asked the nurse for any painkiller. And at last I got one jab and hubby put the TENS machine on my back again. But they didn't kill the pain!

About 230pm a midwife came to me and she was very surprised that my bladder should be emptied again but no one did so!" kalau tak pukul 12 pm tadi lagi kamu dah beranak"..haaaa?? sedih!

Immediately after my bladder was emptied, the nurses began to set up the 'real' labour room..they tied both my legs, the doctor came and instructed me to push harder. I saw a scissor!

The doctor must've done some cutting down there but I hardly felt it as I continued pushing, because only pushing could ease the pain! I took a long breath like I'll never breath again and push harder, and the second attempt Aariz came out!

"Alhamdulillah..alhamdulillah..terima kasih doctor" can't believe it was so dramatic. The doctor asked my husband if he wanted to take any picture.. haaa, tak kuasa nak tangkap2 gambar tengah sakit ni.

I was very exhausted that with one injection I fall asleep and only woke up at 6pm, so I escape the stitching pain hehe.

Aariz Afzal Muhammad was born at 2:43pm and weighs 3.45kg. Alhamdulillah. Thanks for coming into our life. We love you.

11 comments:

Shikhin Ishak said...

aku baca sambil bulu roma semua tegak..

eis said...

baca sambil flashback pengalaman sendiri. pheww!
20th july- Aariz boleh celebrate bday dgn aunty eis..eceh!

Khairieah said...

i saw a scissor!! omg

tahniah {nama timangan di rumah} for the first delivery.. what an experience!!!

we love u!

♥ sha ♥ said...

omg... aku saspen!

Liyana said...

congrates erni, btw,...what is the TENS machine? never heard about it b4...

Ernie Khairina said...

shikin,
ni pun aku cerita takla detail sgt hehe..


eis,
ya mesti teringat kan..

Ernie Khairina said...

khairieah,
yes scissor! hehe thanks muah3

sha,
mmg saspen =)

liyana,
tens machine is another option for pain relief =) google la menarik!

Sal said...

sy baca smbil cuba membayangkan. Kin takut huhu... Pa2 pun tahniah selamat melahirkan first baby.=)

Mrs Nageb said...

so touching..so curious and so dramatic..hopefully everything will be going ok nanti :)

Mommy AdaMia said...

best kan labour..hehe..walaupun sakit ;)

Watie MMU said...

uih sempat lg ke nilai 3 :p..for myself, its only took 3 hours from 2cm to fully dilated :) dan tak sekuat ko utk tahan sakit when decided to take epi once dilation dh 6cm kot..huhu