Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Istanbul : love at first sight


Finally I can update about our Istanbul trip. The laptop isn't virus-less, yet, but it's ok using this mini lappy of mine which is so lembab I rarely use it. So it is obvious that I want to blog about Istanbul. Sementara cerita masih fresh, and I want to remember every inch of it.

Hubby had visited Istanbul, but it seemed very long time ago that he didn't have a good memory about it hehe. So baby let's do the second time! We bought Easyjet tix out of sudden (sebenarnya) 2 or 3 weeks before departure. I booked our accomodation, hotel from bookings.com and also airport shuttle bus. Flying by Easyjet from London (Luton) the low cost flight lands at the Asia part of Istanbul. Istanbul has two airports; Ataturk (Europe side) and Sabihah (Asia part). Sabihah airport is 45km away and you need to use all mode of transportation to get to the city. When I say all mode of transportation, that means train-ferry-tram! So booking a shuttle bus was an economical way.

Oh yes we drove all the way from Birmingham, arrived at Airport park Luton at 4:30am, and by the airport shuttle to terminal at 5ish am. After a very looong que for immigration check which I seriously thought we could miss the flight, but we managed to catch our flight at 6:30am. Arrived in Istanbul airport at 12:20 PM, and finally checked in our hotel at 3 PM. Phew~!



 Waiting for our stroller. We always carry hand luggage as it won't cost extra charge. I don't know how hubby did it but our clothes fit in our small luggage. So he always do the packing la =D =D



I booked airport shuttle bus from Sabihah airport to our hotel door to save time (and energy) as we only had 3 days to explore Istanbul. It costs reasonably at 10Euro as Sabihah is 45km away! So sampai arrival hall tu nampaklah nama kami..lega.. Sempat tapau Burger King lagi for lunch. Halal! best best



Tapi...naik2 je the shuttle bus tu oh my Turkish song played along the way. You know the rythm not into my liking, but heh mood in the air!

Warm summer sun welcomes us in Istanbul...erk, which gave me a little headache =( Panas betul, I think it was 26degrees. Oklah Malaysia lagi panas. But seriosuly I don't have headaches always but Istanbul had a brighter sun on our arrival.



The Bosphorus or the Istanbul strait (Turkish ; Bogazi) separates Turkey between Europe and Asia


Bosphorus bridge..we were on the way to Sultanahmet, the old city located at the Europe side of Istanbul



A small shop selling fruits next to our hotel

Selepas bersengkang mata pilih hotel, reasonable rate with sea and mosque view from breakfast terrace we were satisfied with this boutique hotel. Alhamdulillah, a good base for us in Sultanahmet.





A quick nap boosted the afternoon energy for Bosphorus cruise, truly a treasure in Istanbul. I love Istanbul, I love Istanbul. Perasaan ini sama ketika saya jatuh cinta kepada Andalucia. Until next entry ..



1 comment:

eis said...

lama nda buka blog, byk missed. aariz pun besar sudah! :D

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Istanbul : love at first sight


Finally I can update about our Istanbul trip. The laptop isn't virus-less, yet, but it's ok using this mini lappy of mine which is so lembab I rarely use it. So it is obvious that I want to blog about Istanbul. Sementara cerita masih fresh, and I want to remember every inch of it.

Hubby had visited Istanbul, but it seemed very long time ago that he didn't have a good memory about it hehe. So baby let's do the second time! We bought Easyjet tix out of sudden (sebenarnya) 2 or 3 weeks before departure. I booked our accomodation, hotel from bookings.com and also airport shuttle bus. Flying by Easyjet from London (Luton) the low cost flight lands at the Asia part of Istanbul. Istanbul has two airports; Ataturk (Europe side) and Sabihah (Asia part). Sabihah airport is 45km away and you need to use all mode of transportation to get to the city. When I say all mode of transportation, that means train-ferry-tram! So booking a shuttle bus was an economical way.

Oh yes we drove all the way from Birmingham, arrived at Airport park Luton at 4:30am, and by the airport shuttle to terminal at 5ish am. After a very looong que for immigration check which I seriously thought we could miss the flight, but we managed to catch our flight at 6:30am. Arrived in Istanbul airport at 12:20 PM, and finally checked in our hotel at 3 PM. Phew~!



 Waiting for our stroller. We always carry hand luggage as it won't cost extra charge. I don't know how hubby did it but our clothes fit in our small luggage. So he always do the packing la =D =D



I booked airport shuttle bus from Sabihah airport to our hotel door to save time (and energy) as we only had 3 days to explore Istanbul. It costs reasonably at 10Euro as Sabihah is 45km away! So sampai arrival hall tu nampaklah nama kami..lega.. Sempat tapau Burger King lagi for lunch. Halal! best best



Tapi...naik2 je the shuttle bus tu oh my Turkish song played along the way. You know the rythm not into my liking, but heh mood in the air!

Warm summer sun welcomes us in Istanbul...erk, which gave me a little headache =( Panas betul, I think it was 26degrees. Oklah Malaysia lagi panas. But seriosuly I don't have headaches always but Istanbul had a brighter sun on our arrival.



The Bosphorus or the Istanbul strait (Turkish ; Bogazi) separates Turkey between Europe and Asia


Bosphorus bridge..we were on the way to Sultanahmet, the old city located at the Europe side of Istanbul



A small shop selling fruits next to our hotel

Selepas bersengkang mata pilih hotel, reasonable rate with sea and mosque view from breakfast terrace we were satisfied with this boutique hotel. Alhamdulillah, a good base for us in Sultanahmet.





A quick nap boosted the afternoon energy for Bosphorus cruise, truly a treasure in Istanbul. I love Istanbul, I love Istanbul. Perasaan ini sama ketika saya jatuh cinta kepada Andalucia. Until next entry ..



1 comments:

eis said...

lama nda buka blog, byk missed. aariz pun besar sudah! :D