Thursday, August 13, 2009

through the eyes of two ('lil) sisters

I'll be showered with tonnes of birthday wishes every year.. and frankly, I'm waiting for none other than my sisters' birthday wishes, kerana aku bisa nangis tau..sangat touching. I'll get so emotional, feel so appreciated..hidup sangat berguna =D

Well, sepa yang tidak baca blog khairunie, she's a masterpiece in writing.. this is it

twenty seven;

attention, i'd like to make a toast;

my sister ernie spends most of her time away from home. as young as 13, she left to peninsular for studies, until she graduated from university. we didn't spend a lot of time together at home though. it made me not knowing what was it like having a big sister. i wished she was there when i first had my period, to guide me on how to become a real girl. i didn't even know how to put my pad on my panty. i had the worst hair cut, there wasn't any boy at school who would be attracted to me. do you know what i mean? you need a sister to tell you what was it like when she was young so you could learn a thing or two.

due to that, we argued a lot as i grew older. on a lot of things. sometimes stupid things could make us shout and yell at each other. i thought she didn't understand me. and i didn't understand one tiny bit of her.

but things change, and they change people. i'm very glad they happened because i'm able to see her in another perspectives. she's a big sister, and big sister does what she does best. there's a solid reason why we were seperated during my childhood, why we argue, and why we don't understand each other in the first place.

because God wants me to look back, and think. and not to regret anything because there's a lot more to come in the future.

looking back for what she's done to our family, especially to her sisters, she's giving us something we long to have. she gives us love, sacrifices, she protects us and she's our shelter. i don't know what to do if i don't have her. especially now. i'm entering my 20s and oh God i need her. she has a strong heart and very courageous. more and each day, i've opened up my eyes and see she has all the qualities to become the best sister in the world, regardless those years of away from home and not being able to grow up together at home.

when i look at her, i tell myself i should become a good sister, like her, to my youngest sister. and i'll do whatever it takes to return her favor.

thanks to the endless love, and to the other many things that are just too many to mention. i'm happy that you're married to a wonderful and amazing man whom we call our brother. so i'm wishing you all the best things in your life.

every time my sister's birthday is approaching, it reminds me i get a year older.

i can't explain why, but it's weird you know. i remember the day when i wished her on her 21st birthday, back then i was only 15.

fast forward time i already am 21 and she turns 27 today. fear not, you don't look your age at all.

happy birthday, love. i heart you. cheers.

gambar version garang aku, seperti yang di uploadnya..huhu

when i told my friends that my sister is garang, no one believes me.
****************************

Keluarga bahagia, puisi terindah kehidupan ..yeah babes, and the tres hermanas are planning for the ultimate..chehh..plan going places around the world!

13 comments:

nurul khairunie said...

i love going places so i can see the world outside the view.
ngee~ i already know the plan. si gadi used to mention about it.

thanks mucho for featuring this!

khairieah said...

si gadi si gadi. khairieah bah! hahahaaaa

yea... going around places. mari kita naik hot air balloon

nurul khairunie said...

ko ingat ko chipmunks mau naik hot air balloon around the world? haha

Sal said...

Bestnya kak erni muda2 lg dah blajar jau2..Hebatlah!

Ernie Khairina said...

hi sal,
yayasan sabah la yg hantar jauh2 ni =)

Ernie Khairina said...

budak2,
begitu la bah tuh kalau yg kecik2 berangan =D

Sal said...

sy skolah dulu xmerasa pun p jau2..huhu. Kak erni umur 13 thn da hdup bdkari kat tmpt org..KAGUM sy.

aMa said...

wow, your sister is a great writer.. :) i would love to have my sister write about me like that.. hee hee

selamat berpuasa juga..

Lil' Sue said...

Aww..this is so..sweet...(^__^)....Khairunie...Well said kiddo!!!

senoritafiza said...

nice words and very touching..nothing else than a sister could ask for!

amiechomel said...

agreed with all of the above! be proud of your sis, ernie! and be proud of yourself too!

Ernie Khairina said...

kak amie, thanks =)

kizzy tf said...

wah taching ni....

Thursday, August 13, 2009

through the eyes of two ('lil) sisters

I'll be showered with tonnes of birthday wishes every year.. and frankly, I'm waiting for none other than my sisters' birthday wishes, kerana aku bisa nangis tau..sangat touching. I'll get so emotional, feel so appreciated..hidup sangat berguna =D

Well, sepa yang tidak baca blog khairunie, she's a masterpiece in writing.. this is it

twenty seven;

attention, i'd like to make a toast;

my sister ernie spends most of her time away from home. as young as 13, she left to peninsular for studies, until she graduated from university. we didn't spend a lot of time together at home though. it made me not knowing what was it like having a big sister. i wished she was there when i first had my period, to guide me on how to become a real girl. i didn't even know how to put my pad on my panty. i had the worst hair cut, there wasn't any boy at school who would be attracted to me. do you know what i mean? you need a sister to tell you what was it like when she was young so you could learn a thing or two.

due to that, we argued a lot as i grew older. on a lot of things. sometimes stupid things could make us shout and yell at each other. i thought she didn't understand me. and i didn't understand one tiny bit of her.

but things change, and they change people. i'm very glad they happened because i'm able to see her in another perspectives. she's a big sister, and big sister does what she does best. there's a solid reason why we were seperated during my childhood, why we argue, and why we don't understand each other in the first place.

because God wants me to look back, and think. and not to regret anything because there's a lot more to come in the future.

looking back for what she's done to our family, especially to her sisters, she's giving us something we long to have. she gives us love, sacrifices, she protects us and she's our shelter. i don't know what to do if i don't have her. especially now. i'm entering my 20s and oh God i need her. she has a strong heart and very courageous. more and each day, i've opened up my eyes and see she has all the qualities to become the best sister in the world, regardless those years of away from home and not being able to grow up together at home.

when i look at her, i tell myself i should become a good sister, like her, to my youngest sister. and i'll do whatever it takes to return her favor.

thanks to the endless love, and to the other many things that are just too many to mention. i'm happy that you're married to a wonderful and amazing man whom we call our brother. so i'm wishing you all the best things in your life.

every time my sister's birthday is approaching, it reminds me i get a year older.

i can't explain why, but it's weird you know. i remember the day when i wished her on her 21st birthday, back then i was only 15.

fast forward time i already am 21 and she turns 27 today. fear not, you don't look your age at all.

happy birthday, love. i heart you. cheers.

gambar version garang aku, seperti yang di uploadnya..huhu

when i told my friends that my sister is garang, no one believes me.
****************************

Keluarga bahagia, puisi terindah kehidupan ..yeah babes, and the tres hermanas are planning for the ultimate..chehh..plan going places around the world!

13 comments:

nurul khairunie said...

i love going places so i can see the world outside the view.
ngee~ i already know the plan. si gadi used to mention about it.

thanks mucho for featuring this!

khairieah said...

si gadi si gadi. khairieah bah! hahahaaaa

yea... going around places. mari kita naik hot air balloon

nurul khairunie said...

ko ingat ko chipmunks mau naik hot air balloon around the world? haha

Sal said...

Bestnya kak erni muda2 lg dah blajar jau2..Hebatlah!

Ernie Khairina said...

hi sal,
yayasan sabah la yg hantar jauh2 ni =)

Ernie Khairina said...

budak2,
begitu la bah tuh kalau yg kecik2 berangan =D

Sal said...

sy skolah dulu xmerasa pun p jau2..huhu. Kak erni umur 13 thn da hdup bdkari kat tmpt org..KAGUM sy.

aMa said...

wow, your sister is a great writer.. :) i would love to have my sister write about me like that.. hee hee

selamat berpuasa juga..

Lil' Sue said...

Aww..this is so..sweet...(^__^)....Khairunie...Well said kiddo!!!

senoritafiza said...

nice words and very touching..nothing else than a sister could ask for!

amiechomel said...

agreed with all of the above! be proud of your sis, ernie! and be proud of yourself too!

Ernie Khairina said...

kak amie, thanks =)

kizzy tf said...

wah taching ni....