Sunday, June 24, 2012

Istanbul : from Sultanahmet to Taksim

Memories are priceless. I've told you that I loved every inch of Istanbul ( well, where we left), thus I have to carefully write them in my blog. So I have another 2 or 3 entries before I finally end the story of my Istanbul trip.

I'm going to London, alas!, on monday. So I will try to finish Istanbul before I can update on London. Kan?

Well, just recap briefly on what we did on the second day; visited Hagia Sophia, once was a church and turned to a mosque then a museum now. Later found myself underneath the Sultanahmet .. in the Cistern Basilica, the ancient water tank. We had our lunch at Sultanahmet square restaurant, layan Aariz chasing birds at Sultanahmet square that once was the Byzanine forum, and later performed solat at the Blue Mosque. You might question how did we squeezed all sites in a day? Because those remarkable buildings are located in same area - Sultanahmet, the only tourist spot that has all important sites in one place. Sultanahmet kan old city, so yeah.

After solat, off we went to Taksim Square, located at the new city of Istanbul. Not a walking distance. Quite far. We used tram as mode of transportation.

pemandangan sekitar station tram Sultanahmet




Kabatas station is the nearest station to reach Taksim. Previously, we had to change tram at Eminonu. So it was like, Sultanahmet - Eminonu - Kabatas. Hmm tiring but we just enjoyed the scene as it was. Cantik.


Kabatas was a nice place..if I could stretch the above picture, you could see the sea on the right. Best..ada orang memancing, mother and kids at playground..and maybe food stalls. But it was Taksim that we were heading to.

From Kabatas tram station, we went to another mode of transportation that has its station underground - Fenicular. Fenicular is like a cable car. It has only one stop..up or down. Hubby told me, the construction might cost millions. I mean, just the coach itself.


 perasan tak bentuk dia tu lain? tengok yang pintu dan garisan kuning tu.

buy new token .. 4TL one way.


Can you see the cable? ok someone is admiring the engineering =) He's into public highway and transportation. One elevator up, and we reached the Taksim Square


We didn't took much time at the square, because it was very crowded. We continued on to Istikhlal street. Orang kata kat sini barang mahal2, ada seorang pakcik tu pesan. Yes indeed. Kat sini nampaklah butik2 ternama gitu.






Taksim at night

Went back to Sultanahmet about maghrib. Performed solat at Firuz camii (mosque), and headed to our hotel. Oh Sultanahmet square turned to a romantic place at night. With a background of the Blue Mosque illumination, and the doves were flying up its dome. Cantik, believe me.

5 comments:

Khairieah said...

nice country :D

Lily Riani said...

Gosh! You went to the country I have been dreaming of going for the last few years. Need to back read all other entries tonight :)

Love the way you write, very light & easy.

Ernie Khairina said...

Lily,

I've been to Andalusia, I love it but I guess Istanbul is the best. You should go =)

BibiErr Karim said...

Nanti mau kasi masuk Istanbul in my list la. Btw beb, mahal ka currency exchange dorg sma RM. *napa sy xda tnya ko ni time d sna tu ari ah* Ngeh.

Bali Resorts said...

Great Post...

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Istanbul : from Sultanahmet to Taksim

Memories are priceless. I've told you that I loved every inch of Istanbul ( well, where we left), thus I have to carefully write them in my blog. So I have another 2 or 3 entries before I finally end the story of my Istanbul trip.

I'm going to London, alas!, on monday. So I will try to finish Istanbul before I can update on London. Kan?

Well, just recap briefly on what we did on the second day; visited Hagia Sophia, once was a church and turned to a mosque then a museum now. Later found myself underneath the Sultanahmet .. in the Cistern Basilica, the ancient water tank. We had our lunch at Sultanahmet square restaurant, layan Aariz chasing birds at Sultanahmet square that once was the Byzanine forum, and later performed solat at the Blue Mosque. You might question how did we squeezed all sites in a day? Because those remarkable buildings are located in same area - Sultanahmet, the only tourist spot that has all important sites in one place. Sultanahmet kan old city, so yeah.

After solat, off we went to Taksim Square, located at the new city of Istanbul. Not a walking distance. Quite far. We used tram as mode of transportation.

pemandangan sekitar station tram Sultanahmet




Kabatas station is the nearest station to reach Taksim. Previously, we had to change tram at Eminonu. So it was like, Sultanahmet - Eminonu - Kabatas. Hmm tiring but we just enjoyed the scene as it was. Cantik.


Kabatas was a nice place..if I could stretch the above picture, you could see the sea on the right. Best..ada orang memancing, mother and kids at playground..and maybe food stalls. But it was Taksim that we were heading to.

From Kabatas tram station, we went to another mode of transportation that has its station underground - Fenicular. Fenicular is like a cable car. It has only one stop..up or down. Hubby told me, the construction might cost millions. I mean, just the coach itself.


 perasan tak bentuk dia tu lain? tengok yang pintu dan garisan kuning tu.

buy new token .. 4TL one way.


Can you see the cable? ok someone is admiring the engineering =) He's into public highway and transportation. One elevator up, and we reached the Taksim Square


We didn't took much time at the square, because it was very crowded. We continued on to Istikhlal street. Orang kata kat sini barang mahal2, ada seorang pakcik tu pesan. Yes indeed. Kat sini nampaklah butik2 ternama gitu.






Taksim at night

Went back to Sultanahmet about maghrib. Performed solat at Firuz camii (mosque), and headed to our hotel. Oh Sultanahmet square turned to a romantic place at night. With a background of the Blue Mosque illumination, and the doves were flying up its dome. Cantik, believe me.

5 comments:

Khairieah said...

nice country :D

Lily Riani said...

Gosh! You went to the country I have been dreaming of going for the last few years. Need to back read all other entries tonight :)

Love the way you write, very light & easy.

Ernie Khairina said...

Lily,

I've been to Andalusia, I love it but I guess Istanbul is the best. You should go =)

BibiErr Karim said...

Nanti mau kasi masuk Istanbul in my list la. Btw beb, mahal ka currency exchange dorg sma RM. *napa sy xda tnya ko ni time d sna tu ari ah* Ngeh.

Bali Resorts said...

Great Post...