Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Istanbul; Sultanahmet square and Solat at Blue Mosque


A nice long day we had on our day2 in Istanbul. To recall, we visited the Hagia Sophia and Basilica Cistern earlier and continued to the Blue Mosque after luncheon, and finally wrapped up the day at the Taksim square. Lucky that we stayed in Sultanahmet area, the oldest part of Istanbul. Sultanahmet, the location of most of its historical part, I mean the only city in this world that has all of its main touristic sites in one place. Believe me.


I was looking at them..my husband said, 'kembar 40'

There should be a fountain here but due to construction. As seen is the Blue Mosque.



From my previous post, I declared Sultanahmet as 'crowded', yes it is! The tourists were admiring the sight, local people were having their time with friends and families, and also the traders. You can imagine that. But deeper insight, I should call this place as 'magical'. Sultanahmet was declared as World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1985 because it is the only old city still-inhabited spot, dating back 8000 years ago! Now remember Basilica Cistern? It is seriously underneath my feet.

So on day 2, we haven't really found the 'best' (read: sedap dan murah) place to eat but finally settled at this restaurant located at Sultanahmet square. I think the price was oklah


Meat, patata (potato) and coleslow , 13TL. Turkish suka tomato and chilli





In front of the restaurant, still at Sultanahmet square. I like this place at night, sebab ada aura2 romantik gitu ..erk since when that I became a romantic material?

my little explorer, little traveler



Aariz was chasing his friends, hehe..while I was admiring the place. I usually watch videos on youtube before I come to a place, and that makes me appreciate the place more. As seen at behind Aariz is the German fountain.




Gazebo like fountain constructed to commemorate the second anniversary of German Emperor' s visit to Istanbul in 1898. It has golden mosaics.

Now at this very place where we stand now  was actually the place of Byzantine Hippodrome Forum. Mulanya kami pun tercari-cari, because I was imagining something big like the colosseo in Rome. The Hippodrome Forum was the sporting and social centre ..just like the colosseo in Rome. Itu dulu..dah ruin la of coz, so inilah tinggalannya, now hanyalah Sultanahmet square..



the obelisk.. three of them but I don't fancy to upload more obelisk in my blog.

From picture above, to the left was the gate to the Blue Mosque =) the most awaited part of the day. Gambar banyak ye..




Ablution area.

kadang-kadang saya rasa macam ..erm 'comel' bila tourist lain take photograph of us doing ablution kan? Sebahagian daripada rukun yang istimewa.


pili air macam tutup celak mekah kan?



Sultan Ahmad mosque, the last great mosque constructed of the Ottoman era. Known as the Blue Mosque because of the blue mosaic/tiles..

Beautiful..



Istanbul ni azan bersahut-sahutan. Istanbul has mosque in every 200 metres (reminds me of Padang, Indonesia).


Alhamdulillah, dapat habiskan satu surah pendek di Masjid Biru.


 after solat

 ablution area at courtyard



 the other tourists can enter any active mosque, but not during prayer times. The Pope Benedict XVI visited Blue Mosque in 2006


Hagia Sophia as seen from Blue Mosque




No comments:

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Istanbul; Sultanahmet square and Solat at Blue Mosque


A nice long day we had on our day2 in Istanbul. To recall, we visited the Hagia Sophia and Basilica Cistern earlier and continued to the Blue Mosque after luncheon, and finally wrapped up the day at the Taksim square. Lucky that we stayed in Sultanahmet area, the oldest part of Istanbul. Sultanahmet, the location of most of its historical part, I mean the only city in this world that has all of its main touristic sites in one place. Believe me.


I was looking at them..my husband said, 'kembar 40'

There should be a fountain here but due to construction. As seen is the Blue Mosque.



From my previous post, I declared Sultanahmet as 'crowded', yes it is! The tourists were admiring the sight, local people were having their time with friends and families, and also the traders. You can imagine that. But deeper insight, I should call this place as 'magical'. Sultanahmet was declared as World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1985 because it is the only old city still-inhabited spot, dating back 8000 years ago! Now remember Basilica Cistern? It is seriously underneath my feet.

So on day 2, we haven't really found the 'best' (read: sedap dan murah) place to eat but finally settled at this restaurant located at Sultanahmet square. I think the price was oklah


Meat, patata (potato) and coleslow , 13TL. Turkish suka tomato and chilli





In front of the restaurant, still at Sultanahmet square. I like this place at night, sebab ada aura2 romantik gitu ..erk since when that I became a romantic material?

my little explorer, little traveler



Aariz was chasing his friends, hehe..while I was admiring the place. I usually watch videos on youtube before I come to a place, and that makes me appreciate the place more. As seen at behind Aariz is the German fountain.




Gazebo like fountain constructed to commemorate the second anniversary of German Emperor' s visit to Istanbul in 1898. It has golden mosaics.

Now at this very place where we stand now  was actually the place of Byzantine Hippodrome Forum. Mulanya kami pun tercari-cari, because I was imagining something big like the colosseo in Rome. The Hippodrome Forum was the sporting and social centre ..just like the colosseo in Rome. Itu dulu..dah ruin la of coz, so inilah tinggalannya, now hanyalah Sultanahmet square..



the obelisk.. three of them but I don't fancy to upload more obelisk in my blog.

From picture above, to the left was the gate to the Blue Mosque =) the most awaited part of the day. Gambar banyak ye..




Ablution area.

kadang-kadang saya rasa macam ..erm 'comel' bila tourist lain take photograph of us doing ablution kan? Sebahagian daripada rukun yang istimewa.


pili air macam tutup celak mekah kan?



Sultan Ahmad mosque, the last great mosque constructed of the Ottoman era. Known as the Blue Mosque because of the blue mosaic/tiles..

Beautiful..



Istanbul ni azan bersahut-sahutan. Istanbul has mosque in every 200 metres (reminds me of Padang, Indonesia).


Alhamdulillah, dapat habiskan satu surah pendek di Masjid Biru.


 after solat

 ablution area at courtyard



 the other tourists can enter any active mosque, but not during prayer times. The Pope Benedict XVI visited Blue Mosque in 2006


Hagia Sophia as seen from Blue Mosque




0 comments: