Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Kellies Castle

There’s a chance that my writing will get boring at some point/or post, like what I did last night. I just got back from KL and now I’m planning to continue my work, just a random research and typing but I just can’t get any ideas out of my head. Seriously the sun is extremely hot. I feel myself becoming sleepy now..blahh~ nanti sambung (draft autosaved :D )


bukan bangunan Sultan Abdul Samad

That was unattractive introduction, huh..but let count them in. hey, I browsed my pictures from last Cameron visit, and I forgot to update about Kellies Castle.. I can’t recall when I learned about the old castle but it sounds like calling me. Hubby has just to agree, how well he know me; I am fascinated by things to do with old legacy and easily want to experience it..hehehe. I wish I am a travelogue journalist..


It was about 20minutes ride from Ipoh, located at Batu Gajah. This is actually unfinished, abandoned mansion built by Wiiliam Kellie Smith. Kellas is a little town in Scotland, correct me if I’m wrong. This man was from Scotland and Kinta Kellas- that suddenly pop in my mind. Yes, he was the previous owner of Kinta Kellas Estate and the Kinta Kellas Tin Dredging Company. Why were always sudden men (I mean foreign venture) made fortune from our land? gimme some~




The Kellas House located just in front the mansion. Mr Smith and her wife Agnes lived in this house before the mansion project started. The house also has its standard, made from Italian marble. I got fooled by asking 'wah cat jenama apa nih..cantik lagi pun kuning dia'.. The building had its new shield in 2000 by the authority, so obviously you need to pay ticket for entry; RM4




I saw some Moorish style or Indian architecture (yang macam kubah2). Look at the apricot block (the one orangy) and most of all the malaya first lift bucket which wasn't turn up to as planned, because mr. Smith died in Lisbon, Portugal on the way to collect the lift.



some say mr. smith spirit is still wandering here, but I say this place is such a perfect for photoshot session.




Also, for some reasons the mansion has two tunnels.

His house was so unique that it was even mentioned in the London Financier newspaper on September 1911. Source from Wikipedia




The mansion shared the same story as the Taj Mahal, a dedication of love symbol to his wife.


This place is where Mr Smith may stand to see the surroundings and his estate.


It took us almost an hour to finish our discovery, but frankly you can make it in 15 minutes. I was wondering..it was indeed an abandoned castle because the people ain't put much interest to 'rebuild' the castle and make it more attractive..It has the story, with strong characters and amazing evidence but it was just left behind.
me, stand on a chair with loud hailer ; "kat sini kurang bunga la!"

7 comments:

nurul khairunie said...

itu burberry ka tong liang?
ahaha.

Mrs LVoe said...

ermm burberry ka itu?

i like urs pink shoes.. really nice.

btw salam pkenalan. hope u dont mind im bloghopping here.

Nurhafizah Fauzi said...

ernie, kalau ko dtg sini sejam..kalau aku mungkin 10min dah habis round sambil menguap..haha!

chun said...

cantik..mcm kat oversea je. sesuai utk wedding photoshoot nih. ernie, pe lagi? ;p

Nisa Shari said...

wahh..blog yg cantik, tuan rumah pon cantik...mintak izin link ya..

Ernie Khairina said...

miss khay,
tong liang? ahaha..I remember that silly

Mrs LVoe,
maybe because the checkes trademark,then its look like one :P
but thats not burberry

nice to meet you.

Fizah,
aku lalu situ nampak sign UTP Tronoh mmg teringat kat ko..hehe,tapi tau dah ko tak minat :P

mesun,
yap mmg ramai wat wedding photoshoot sini..boleh sarankan kat fizah nih ha :P
mmg ada ala2 oversea tuh


Nisa Shari,
hi, boleh apa salahnya.Thanks
nice to meet you

Nurhafizah said...

jauhnye nak berwedding photoshoot

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Kellies Castle

There’s a chance that my writing will get boring at some point/or post, like what I did last night. I just got back from KL and now I’m planning to continue my work, just a random research and typing but I just can’t get any ideas out of my head. Seriously the sun is extremely hot. I feel myself becoming sleepy now..blahh~ nanti sambung (draft autosaved :D )


bukan bangunan Sultan Abdul Samad

That was unattractive introduction, huh..but let count them in. hey, I browsed my pictures from last Cameron visit, and I forgot to update about Kellies Castle.. I can’t recall when I learned about the old castle but it sounds like calling me. Hubby has just to agree, how well he know me; I am fascinated by things to do with old legacy and easily want to experience it..hehehe. I wish I am a travelogue journalist..


It was about 20minutes ride from Ipoh, located at Batu Gajah. This is actually unfinished, abandoned mansion built by Wiiliam Kellie Smith. Kellas is a little town in Scotland, correct me if I’m wrong. This man was from Scotland and Kinta Kellas- that suddenly pop in my mind. Yes, he was the previous owner of Kinta Kellas Estate and the Kinta Kellas Tin Dredging Company. Why were always sudden men (I mean foreign venture) made fortune from our land? gimme some~




The Kellas House located just in front the mansion. Mr Smith and her wife Agnes lived in this house before the mansion project started. The house also has its standard, made from Italian marble. I got fooled by asking 'wah cat jenama apa nih..cantik lagi pun kuning dia'.. The building had its new shield in 2000 by the authority, so obviously you need to pay ticket for entry; RM4




I saw some Moorish style or Indian architecture (yang macam kubah2). Look at the apricot block (the one orangy) and most of all the malaya first lift bucket which wasn't turn up to as planned, because mr. Smith died in Lisbon, Portugal on the way to collect the lift.



some say mr. smith spirit is still wandering here, but I say this place is such a perfect for photoshot session.




Also, for some reasons the mansion has two tunnels.

His house was so unique that it was even mentioned in the London Financier newspaper on September 1911. Source from Wikipedia




The mansion shared the same story as the Taj Mahal, a dedication of love symbol to his wife.


This place is where Mr Smith may stand to see the surroundings and his estate.


It took us almost an hour to finish our discovery, but frankly you can make it in 15 minutes. I was wondering..it was indeed an abandoned castle because the people ain't put much interest to 'rebuild' the castle and make it more attractive..It has the story, with strong characters and amazing evidence but it was just left behind.
me, stand on a chair with loud hailer ; "kat sini kurang bunga la!"

7 comments:

nurul khairunie said...

itu burberry ka tong liang?
ahaha.

Mrs LVoe said...

ermm burberry ka itu?

i like urs pink shoes.. really nice.

btw salam pkenalan. hope u dont mind im bloghopping here.

Nurhafizah Fauzi said...

ernie, kalau ko dtg sini sejam..kalau aku mungkin 10min dah habis round sambil menguap..haha!

chun said...

cantik..mcm kat oversea je. sesuai utk wedding photoshoot nih. ernie, pe lagi? ;p

Nisa Shari said...

wahh..blog yg cantik, tuan rumah pon cantik...mintak izin link ya..

Ernie Khairina said...

miss khay,
tong liang? ahaha..I remember that silly

Mrs LVoe,
maybe because the checkes trademark,then its look like one :P
but thats not burberry

nice to meet you.

Fizah,
aku lalu situ nampak sign UTP Tronoh mmg teringat kat ko..hehe,tapi tau dah ko tak minat :P

mesun,
yap mmg ramai wat wedding photoshoot sini..boleh sarankan kat fizah nih ha :P
mmg ada ala2 oversea tuh


Nisa Shari,
hi, boleh apa salahnya.Thanks
nice to meet you

Nurhafizah said...

jauhnye nak berwedding photoshoot