Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Cameron Highlands by myself

We were at Equatorial, Cameron Highlands for 3 days (it was the third time anyway) and I kind of hate the coldness, reason being was my sinus attack. benci susah nak bernafas.. T_T tapi suka suara seksi.. I texted K hani “ ..tak sabar nak pegi tempat panas..”, but she replied “..kat KL panas terik, bole migraine..” kelakar!


It was indeed a fine day and the weather seemed promising for a day out. But I opted the balmy blanket.. was trying to finish my novel. He had his conference somewhere at the same building and maybe a site visit..wait, Riverbank and Toe Protection (as written) I knew I would end up with ailing worsen if I continued hibernating, mingkuluput dan tidur macam udang! (mingkuluput = bungkus badan macam baby)


In miraculously short time (or additional 10 minutes of photo shot for make-up check) I was driving by myself down to the Brinchang town. I found it was unnerving yet strangely thrilling. I stopped at my first point and was very happy (as if I danced ‘wildcat ..sing along’ whatever the High School Musical lyrics is) congratulating myself.



ROSE and roses
(macam orang gila ambil gambar sorang2 :P )


When I was 5 or so, I often used the main alley at my kampong (from grandma’s bendang) and I passed by this one house. I made friend with the couple (the owner) she was in her late twenty, while the husband must be 30++. I liked them, they were very welcoming and I enjoyed their garden. A rose garden! Maybe I had lunched with them, I couldn’t remember, but the last thing I knew was suddenly the house was empty, the flowers unlikely blossomed, they were gone without saying goodbye. My grandpa told me that her husband had passed away.


The Cactus Point was like a cloud of rose perfume (tips: free entry) I enjoyed the place, if I stayed any longer I would have gone crazy with all the flowers and cactus.. I took pictures countless when a foreign tourist asked if I need her help..apakah makna? lebih dari foreign tourist?





ouh ya, I've once came across this poem; "if I had a rose everytime I think of you, I could forever walk in my garden"..hahaha..soul nye..isk, bila la project garden aku nak start nih..hubby tengah buat taman herba belakang rumah :) best juga ..OK here are more pics, tapi pakai IXUS sahaja..bole juga la min2 SLR, haha


my bad










Lavender (hmm..Palmolive purple lagi best dari yang merah)



I spent only RM13, bought 4 pots cactus and freezer magnetic (the cheapest tapi paling senang nak ingat tempat kita pergi)..ouh ya, dan tali gantung handphone untuk adik2 (haha!)


I continued to my next spot, Time Tunnel Gallery (tips: RM5 entry tix with lengthy space underground. Tunnel kata). It was like an exhibition of very old or odd items and artifacts on display, and photographs to bring back the memories of 40’s or so. Obviously I don’t have the memories, but most of it reveals the Cameron Highlands in history. (tips: Creepy! Aku rasa lah, sebab duk sorang2 dalam tu)
tak dapat ambil banyak gambar, sebab batt camera kong.

wah cermin ini!



old chinese classroom.. aku rasa, dulu kelas aku pon macam ni. Tengok la beg petak kaler merah tuh, comel . Wah sudah pandai ber 'vintage' sekarang..whatever!


tengok mesin kira dia yang bawah kanan tuh


ini sebenarnya adalah tempat potong rambut, tapi dah terlindung kerusi hijau belakang tu.



It was almost 2 that I drove to Tanah Rata for luncheon. I stopped at our favorite stall (sebab teh tarik dia sedap, bole) but I cancelled my order, macam lembab je.. then proceeded to next restaurant. I met European tourists again, but this time we chatted and surprisingly Uddo, 65 (and his niece Suzanne) love our country very much that he moved here for good. We talked about places and he knew Malaysia better! But I challenged him with the Rhine river :P Just watched the documentary about it. (Catch River and Life at NGEO channel for famous rivers around the world)


The Ye Olde Smoke House caught my attention on the way back, I stopped a little while. The boutique hotel was very attractive with its Old English theme. It must be good with him. So, I saved the best for tomorrow :P


6 comments:

cik siken said...

adakah gambar ko yang belakang tu Susu Chap Junjung???hahhaha gile lama nye brand..susu aku tu dulu2..

~Nora~ said...

Wah..bestnyer ko..release gak tension..hihi..duk cni, rs mcm kena kepong..susah nak bernafas..sesak...w/pun takder traffic jam..( bole ke kata camtu? )

kemaryahya said...

ernie, ko pakai camera brand ape, type ape. cantik la gmbr ko amik.
nanti nak rembat lah.

Ernie Khairina said...

shikin,
haah susu chap junjung..aku pon makan saja susu tuh time kecik2 dulu, sebab tuh gigi tak cantik :P

Nora,
pegi la jalan2..kundasang kan best :)

kemar,
aku pakai camera canon Ixus75. biasa2 ja..huhu..mana kamera erra fazira ko, aku rasa tuh lagi best

ama said...

ernie, spt biase, gambar sgt awesome! mcm nak mkn je cactus tu (boleh?).. ;)

.:: khairieah ::. said...

cermin bulat a.k.a chermin kelasik (klasik)

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Cameron Highlands by myself

We were at Equatorial, Cameron Highlands for 3 days (it was the third time anyway) and I kind of hate the coldness, reason being was my sinus attack. benci susah nak bernafas.. T_T tapi suka suara seksi.. I texted K hani “ ..tak sabar nak pegi tempat panas..”, but she replied “..kat KL panas terik, bole migraine..” kelakar!


It was indeed a fine day and the weather seemed promising for a day out. But I opted the balmy blanket.. was trying to finish my novel. He had his conference somewhere at the same building and maybe a site visit..wait, Riverbank and Toe Protection (as written) I knew I would end up with ailing worsen if I continued hibernating, mingkuluput dan tidur macam udang! (mingkuluput = bungkus badan macam baby)


In miraculously short time (or additional 10 minutes of photo shot for make-up check) I was driving by myself down to the Brinchang town. I found it was unnerving yet strangely thrilling. I stopped at my first point and was very happy (as if I danced ‘wildcat ..sing along’ whatever the High School Musical lyrics is) congratulating myself.



ROSE and roses
(macam orang gila ambil gambar sorang2 :P )


When I was 5 or so, I often used the main alley at my kampong (from grandma’s bendang) and I passed by this one house. I made friend with the couple (the owner) she was in her late twenty, while the husband must be 30++. I liked them, they were very welcoming and I enjoyed their garden. A rose garden! Maybe I had lunched with them, I couldn’t remember, but the last thing I knew was suddenly the house was empty, the flowers unlikely blossomed, they were gone without saying goodbye. My grandpa told me that her husband had passed away.


The Cactus Point was like a cloud of rose perfume (tips: free entry) I enjoyed the place, if I stayed any longer I would have gone crazy with all the flowers and cactus.. I took pictures countless when a foreign tourist asked if I need her help..apakah makna? lebih dari foreign tourist?





ouh ya, I've once came across this poem; "if I had a rose everytime I think of you, I could forever walk in my garden"..hahaha..soul nye..isk, bila la project garden aku nak start nih..hubby tengah buat taman herba belakang rumah :) best juga ..OK here are more pics, tapi pakai IXUS sahaja..bole juga la min2 SLR, haha


my bad










Lavender (hmm..Palmolive purple lagi best dari yang merah)



I spent only RM13, bought 4 pots cactus and freezer magnetic (the cheapest tapi paling senang nak ingat tempat kita pergi)..ouh ya, dan tali gantung handphone untuk adik2 (haha!)


I continued to my next spot, Time Tunnel Gallery (tips: RM5 entry tix with lengthy space underground. Tunnel kata). It was like an exhibition of very old or odd items and artifacts on display, and photographs to bring back the memories of 40’s or so. Obviously I don’t have the memories, but most of it reveals the Cameron Highlands in history. (tips: Creepy! Aku rasa lah, sebab duk sorang2 dalam tu)
tak dapat ambil banyak gambar, sebab batt camera kong.

wah cermin ini!



old chinese classroom.. aku rasa, dulu kelas aku pon macam ni. Tengok la beg petak kaler merah tuh, comel . Wah sudah pandai ber 'vintage' sekarang..whatever!


tengok mesin kira dia yang bawah kanan tuh


ini sebenarnya adalah tempat potong rambut, tapi dah terlindung kerusi hijau belakang tu.



It was almost 2 that I drove to Tanah Rata for luncheon. I stopped at our favorite stall (sebab teh tarik dia sedap, bole) but I cancelled my order, macam lembab je.. then proceeded to next restaurant. I met European tourists again, but this time we chatted and surprisingly Uddo, 65 (and his niece Suzanne) love our country very much that he moved here for good. We talked about places and he knew Malaysia better! But I challenged him with the Rhine river :P Just watched the documentary about it. (Catch River and Life at NGEO channel for famous rivers around the world)


The Ye Olde Smoke House caught my attention on the way back, I stopped a little while. The boutique hotel was very attractive with its Old English theme. It must be good with him. So, I saved the best for tomorrow :P


6 comments:

cik siken said...

adakah gambar ko yang belakang tu Susu Chap Junjung???hahhaha gile lama nye brand..susu aku tu dulu2..

~Nora~ said...

Wah..bestnyer ko..release gak tension..hihi..duk cni, rs mcm kena kepong..susah nak bernafas..sesak...w/pun takder traffic jam..( bole ke kata camtu? )

kemaryahya said...

ernie, ko pakai camera brand ape, type ape. cantik la gmbr ko amik.
nanti nak rembat lah.

Ernie Khairina said...

shikin,
haah susu chap junjung..aku pon makan saja susu tuh time kecik2 dulu, sebab tuh gigi tak cantik :P

Nora,
pegi la jalan2..kundasang kan best :)

kemar,
aku pakai camera canon Ixus75. biasa2 ja..huhu..mana kamera erra fazira ko, aku rasa tuh lagi best

ama said...

ernie, spt biase, gambar sgt awesome! mcm nak mkn je cactus tu (boleh?).. ;)

.:: khairieah ::. said...

cermin bulat a.k.a chermin kelasik (klasik)