Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Cambridge : getting around the beautiful city


I browsed thru our recent photos in Cambridge, thought to choose the best photos that represent the enchanting city, but I couldn't eliminate one..semua cantik! So this entry (might) contains so many wonderful photos =)

The journey took approx 2 hours, departed from his university to Cambridgeshire. We were on a motorway (motorway for no toll gates, or expressway with toll gates), along the way was a scenic grassy field...hmm, either sheeps or cattles were spotted too. Arrived in Cambridge at 1030ish,


Lovely. That was my first impression of Cambridge. Plus the sunshine gave a promising day out (and photograph), guess what? We were greeted by swans...yes, extra white and healthier look, don't they?  Of course Aariz was excited for a biological family of birds. But I shall let him tell the rest =P




if you can zoom in on the boats, there're actually people live in there.

You know sometimes it's better just follow the signage (whenever it takes you) than a map? Yes we did that and ran short of time haha . But like I said, everything was wonderful in here so we just roaming freely. And it took us to a housing area, named the Portugal houses,



The Portugal houses are three storey house, I think most student stay here.  Yang bawah tangga iaitu ground floor.., yang tengah dan atas. Poor yang bawah tangga, they have only the windowsill, but they live in Cambridge anyway. You think this is cute enough? not until I show you their dormitory. Alamak I look fat because I forgot to tighten the belt.



So we moved on to the city centre. Yes this is Cambridge city centre..comel kan? The nature's color display was obvious..this is autumn leaves scene hehe. Notice Aariz? tengah menikmati chocolate bar, enjoying the scene I must say. And notice anyone else wearing pink than me? I've told you.

On my right was a cafe by a river,



And in front of me,



I can't stress how lovely Cambridge is.



At the T junction, we turned right to Trinity street and OMG, each step brought us enlightment .. at a moment I asked myself, isn't this really not a theme park? Everything in its place, even a tree makes a wonderful view.




Student of Cambridge aren't allowed to bring cars and commuting by cycle is practical since Cambridge is just a small city. They do have buses, I rarely see car.


at Trinity lane

University of Cambridge was formed in 1209, by scholars leaving Oxford after in house issue. That's why  the two have common features. They have a long history of rivalry of each other. Speaking of rivalry, in Cambridge, rivalries exist between Trinity (the richest) and St. John's. Trinity claimed, it's better to enter Oxford than become St John's (story told by our chauffeur).

Because I knew it was impossible to cover all colleges in a day trip, I purposely chose Trinity college because of its famous fountain;


at the Great Court


Trinity college been the college of choice of the royal family; King Edward, King George, Prince Charles hence the richest. Our very own Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Alhaj studied in Cambridge, but not sure which college.




behind is the clock tower

still at the Great Court

I initially wanted to visit the Wren library and their dining hall, but little did I know it's closed on Saturday! sedihnya...

Anyway, this is their dormitory..wow isn't it? Definitely no reason not to stay in hostel. Tapi nak masuk Cambridge ni, hehe..even the ladies, I think they all look like Hemione or Natalie Portman. Orang pandai2. Ok this is just a random assumption je =P




 Aariz main bunga, daddy tengah solat.

It is easier to find halal restaurant nowadays...google je. So I purposely chose Agora at the Copper Kettle because its location at the King Parade, even the menu pun dah siap2 pilih hehe.  Located infront of the King'scollege chapel.





Hmmm nyumm...till next entry =)


9 comments:

Nurul Aima Hj Kaim said...

Aariz nnt besar datang sini lg a tp ms tu sambung study jg :D

smoochyn said...

omg ernie.u just explain to me what is motorway and expressway..heheh..tenkiu sooo much
i baru start buat itinerary for my next visit..

Yani Othman

Khairieah said...

seronotnya tidak banyak kereta :D
sihat :D

p/s: past tense for choose is chose

hihi jan la approve ni komen :D

Ernie Khairina said...

Aima,
aminnn =)

yani,
hha i pun baru tau, my husband bg tau

khairieah,
ok cikgu, sdh kasi betul tq

BibiErr Karim said...

Ni baru orang bilang, u coloured the town pink!

Btw, apa oo look fat because I forgot to tighten the belt. If u look fat, then I must look gigantic trus. Ngeh.

zailamohamad said...

subhanallah, emmang lambat loading gambar but worth to wait,s emuanya cantik..owh i wish i was there;)

rara said...

love ur style la dear! jacket, tudung, boots cantik.. :)

Ernie Khairina said...

Err,
hehe mana ada..sama jak ni size kita

zaila,
oh yeke..ok nanti saya kecikkan file size next time. thanks

rara,
thanks dear~

Aida The Pink Goddess said...

yeay! leh pakai trench coat n boots, bestnya!!

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Cambridge : getting around the beautiful city


I browsed thru our recent photos in Cambridge, thought to choose the best photos that represent the enchanting city, but I couldn't eliminate one..semua cantik! So this entry (might) contains so many wonderful photos =)

The journey took approx 2 hours, departed from his university to Cambridgeshire. We were on a motorway (motorway for no toll gates, or expressway with toll gates), along the way was a scenic grassy field...hmm, either sheeps or cattles were spotted too. Arrived in Cambridge at 1030ish,


Lovely. That was my first impression of Cambridge. Plus the sunshine gave a promising day out (and photograph), guess what? We were greeted by swans...yes, extra white and healthier look, don't they?  Of course Aariz was excited for a biological family of birds. But I shall let him tell the rest =P




if you can zoom in on the boats, there're actually people live in there.

You know sometimes it's better just follow the signage (whenever it takes you) than a map? Yes we did that and ran short of time haha . But like I said, everything was wonderful in here so we just roaming freely. And it took us to a housing area, named the Portugal houses,



The Portugal houses are three storey house, I think most student stay here.  Yang bawah tangga iaitu ground floor.., yang tengah dan atas. Poor yang bawah tangga, they have only the windowsill, but they live in Cambridge anyway. You think this is cute enough? not until I show you their dormitory. Alamak I look fat because I forgot to tighten the belt.



So we moved on to the city centre. Yes this is Cambridge city centre..comel kan? The nature's color display was obvious..this is autumn leaves scene hehe. Notice Aariz? tengah menikmati chocolate bar, enjoying the scene I must say. And notice anyone else wearing pink than me? I've told you.

On my right was a cafe by a river,



And in front of me,



I can't stress how lovely Cambridge is.



At the T junction, we turned right to Trinity street and OMG, each step brought us enlightment .. at a moment I asked myself, isn't this really not a theme park? Everything in its place, even a tree makes a wonderful view.




Student of Cambridge aren't allowed to bring cars and commuting by cycle is practical since Cambridge is just a small city. They do have buses, I rarely see car.


at Trinity lane

University of Cambridge was formed in 1209, by scholars leaving Oxford after in house issue. That's why  the two have common features. They have a long history of rivalry of each other. Speaking of rivalry, in Cambridge, rivalries exist between Trinity (the richest) and St. John's. Trinity claimed, it's better to enter Oxford than become St John's (story told by our chauffeur).

Because I knew it was impossible to cover all colleges in a day trip, I purposely chose Trinity college because of its famous fountain;


at the Great Court


Trinity college been the college of choice of the royal family; King Edward, King George, Prince Charles hence the richest. Our very own Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Alhaj studied in Cambridge, but not sure which college.




behind is the clock tower

still at the Great Court

I initially wanted to visit the Wren library and their dining hall, but little did I know it's closed on Saturday! sedihnya...

Anyway, this is their dormitory..wow isn't it? Definitely no reason not to stay in hostel. Tapi nak masuk Cambridge ni, hehe..even the ladies, I think they all look like Hemione or Natalie Portman. Orang pandai2. Ok this is just a random assumption je =P




 Aariz main bunga, daddy tengah solat.

It is easier to find halal restaurant nowadays...google je. So I purposely chose Agora at the Copper Kettle because its location at the King Parade, even the menu pun dah siap2 pilih hehe.  Located infront of the King'scollege chapel.





Hmmm nyumm...till next entry =)


9 comments:

Nurul Aima Hj Kaim said...

Aariz nnt besar datang sini lg a tp ms tu sambung study jg :D

smoochyn said...

omg ernie.u just explain to me what is motorway and expressway..heheh..tenkiu sooo much
i baru start buat itinerary for my next visit..

Yani Othman

Khairieah said...

seronotnya tidak banyak kereta :D
sihat :D

p/s: past tense for choose is chose

hihi jan la approve ni komen :D

Ernie Khairina said...

Aima,
aminnn =)

yani,
hha i pun baru tau, my husband bg tau

khairieah,
ok cikgu, sdh kasi betul tq

BibiErr Karim said...

Ni baru orang bilang, u coloured the town pink!

Btw, apa oo look fat because I forgot to tighten the belt. If u look fat, then I must look gigantic trus. Ngeh.

zailamohamad said...

subhanallah, emmang lambat loading gambar but worth to wait,s emuanya cantik..owh i wish i was there;)

rara said...

love ur style la dear! jacket, tudung, boots cantik.. :)

Ernie Khairina said...

Err,
hehe mana ada..sama jak ni size kita

zaila,
oh yeke..ok nanti saya kecikkan file size next time. thanks

rara,
thanks dear~

Aida The Pink Goddess said...

yeay! leh pakai trench coat n boots, bestnya!!