Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Fort Cornwallis and Penang

When he has finished his work, I was more than excited. It's been a long time since the last visit to Penang. khairunie and khairiah were just a little back then. I don’t think the girls still remember those old times.

what was I thinking when I decided to wear black shirt in Penang? In this bright sunshine? Ouh ya, did I say that we have our luncheon at Nasi Kandar Line Clear? macam Daud keadaan dia..ntah la biasa2 saja.


It was a surprise that Fort Cornwallis actually just a few km from our hotel. Situated next to Port Sweetenham..(yes,it must be very stunning view of sunset from here) Fort Cornwallis was actually administration workplace rather than any battle mark when it was designed with cannons to protect the harbour from possible attacks. Because I saw there were chambers probably the jail down there with Chapel. Chapel was claimed as the first church built in Penang.






the Chapel also the place where Francis Light's widow married to her next beau..

many people must have wore those hat before me kan..eww..baru terfikir

The thing I like about Georgetown is the buildings they have and how they appreciate the heritage rails. Nevertheless, I have across local that even didn't know when I ask for direction. I can't blame them because me also failed to come up with perfect answer when people ask me about my place. Actually the tourist know better!

Anyway, this is one prove that history claimed to change people and their lives. History helped us in a way they have had be a magnet to visitors and later brings a good deal for the community.

Masjid Kapitan Keling by Indian Muslim

A Temple

hmm..Malaysia, harmoni aman damai..amin!

And finally, Batu Feringgi. I was a bit disappointed because the local may not very interested to live the beach other than the club and restaurant. Because I look forward to have hawker stalls along the beach. But they dont.

But they do have extreme sport games!

ok la..nak keluar p pekena teh tarik ..

p/s I miss pantai kemasik

5 comments:

Nurul Khairunie said...

yup.
memang tidak ingat sudah.

chun said...

panas kan penang? tp aku bape kali dah gi penang x penah gi fort cornwalis tu..it's not "my thing" i guess..huhu..

Pakcik Perut Buncit said...

wah Er...

asyik jalan-jalan je...
best best..

BibiEr Karim said...

Last time I went there..sama bdk YS lain. I don't remember when but I remembered buying a mobile fan d Fort Cornwalis sbb xtahan panas time tu. Can't remember where the hell had I kasi tapuk all the pics.
Yet,sy mau p sana jg. Cantik suda skrg sy tgk tu.

Kizzy TF said...

wah best siut!

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Fort Cornwallis and Penang

When he has finished his work, I was more than excited. It's been a long time since the last visit to Penang. khairunie and khairiah were just a little back then. I don’t think the girls still remember those old times.

what was I thinking when I decided to wear black shirt in Penang? In this bright sunshine? Ouh ya, did I say that we have our luncheon at Nasi Kandar Line Clear? macam Daud keadaan dia..ntah la biasa2 saja.


It was a surprise that Fort Cornwallis actually just a few km from our hotel. Situated next to Port Sweetenham..(yes,it must be very stunning view of sunset from here) Fort Cornwallis was actually administration workplace rather than any battle mark when it was designed with cannons to protect the harbour from possible attacks. Because I saw there were chambers probably the jail down there with Chapel. Chapel was claimed as the first church built in Penang.






the Chapel also the place where Francis Light's widow married to her next beau..

many people must have wore those hat before me kan..eww..baru terfikir

The thing I like about Georgetown is the buildings they have and how they appreciate the heritage rails. Nevertheless, I have across local that even didn't know when I ask for direction. I can't blame them because me also failed to come up with perfect answer when people ask me about my place. Actually the tourist know better!

Anyway, this is one prove that history claimed to change people and their lives. History helped us in a way they have had be a magnet to visitors and later brings a good deal for the community.

Masjid Kapitan Keling by Indian Muslim

A Temple

hmm..Malaysia, harmoni aman damai..amin!

And finally, Batu Feringgi. I was a bit disappointed because the local may not very interested to live the beach other than the club and restaurant. Because I look forward to have hawker stalls along the beach. But they dont.

But they do have extreme sport games!

ok la..nak keluar p pekena teh tarik ..

p/s I miss pantai kemasik

5 comments:

Nurul Khairunie said...

yup.
memang tidak ingat sudah.

chun said...

panas kan penang? tp aku bape kali dah gi penang x penah gi fort cornwalis tu..it's not "my thing" i guess..huhu..

Pakcik Perut Buncit said...

wah Er...

asyik jalan-jalan je...
best best..

BibiEr Karim said...

Last time I went there..sama bdk YS lain. I don't remember when but I remembered buying a mobile fan d Fort Cornwalis sbb xtahan panas time tu. Can't remember where the hell had I kasi tapuk all the pics.
Yet,sy mau p sana jg. Cantik suda skrg sy tgk tu.

Kizzy TF said...

wah best siut!