Thursday, July 16, 2009

Have you heard it

the Fountain of Sultan Ahmed III


I totally forgot about it, kind of embarrassing but it's time to appreciate a cancel-class! Let's skip the part when I found myself the only one to get the class..haha. So, I return home and a moment like this, I'm waiting for hubby to come, with the tv on (Yassin recite @Oasis kalau malam jumaat. Sedapnya budak ni baca Yassin T_T )

Well, I still remember this Renaissance, a part of the anecdote that my lecturer told us in class. Something I want to share with you about the printing press (printing device for making copies), it was invented by Gutenberg 1440's. The device spread rapidly throughout Europe for the development of writing, so to the establishment community of scholars (golongan bijak pandai) - books produce quickly.. semua orang beli buku la.

When the European demanded more books, and of course growing the economy prosperity,somehow the Ottoman empire opposed for the new found technology and define the printing device as 'the devil's inventions' hmm.. yelah kite tahu they want to protect the religious book. Printing press only established around 1490's and since that proceeded rapidly, except the empire was over 300 years behind Europe in the use of the technology.

Remind me of PPSMI. ntah la..

Anyway, this is worth reading; Tulip Era

hahaha (tetiba gelak??) tomorrow is my friday 8-10am class..agak janggal sebab kelas bersama budak undergrads..nevermind, people always mistaken me for undergrads student!


No comments:

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Have you heard it

the Fountain of Sultan Ahmed III


I totally forgot about it, kind of embarrassing but it's time to appreciate a cancel-class! Let's skip the part when I found myself the only one to get the class..haha. So, I return home and a moment like this, I'm waiting for hubby to come, with the tv on (Yassin recite @Oasis kalau malam jumaat. Sedapnya budak ni baca Yassin T_T )

Well, I still remember this Renaissance, a part of the anecdote that my lecturer told us in class. Something I want to share with you about the printing press (printing device for making copies), it was invented by Gutenberg 1440's. The device spread rapidly throughout Europe for the development of writing, so to the establishment community of scholars (golongan bijak pandai) - books produce quickly.. semua orang beli buku la.

When the European demanded more books, and of course growing the economy prosperity,somehow the Ottoman empire opposed for the new found technology and define the printing device as 'the devil's inventions' hmm.. yelah kite tahu they want to protect the religious book. Printing press only established around 1490's and since that proceeded rapidly, except the empire was over 300 years behind Europe in the use of the technology.

Remind me of PPSMI. ntah la..

Anyway, this is worth reading; Tulip Era

hahaha (tetiba gelak??) tomorrow is my friday 8-10am class..agak janggal sebab kelas bersama budak undergrads..nevermind, people always mistaken me for undergrads student!


0 comments: