Friday, March 9, 2012

(come back to) Sorrento

Come Back to Sorrento (Torna a Surriento) is a song said to composed in 1902 by De Curtis, which became wildly popular..even Elvis Presley and Pavarotti has their version among many other world class performers. It was a song composed as a request of a hotel owner, Guglielmo Tramontano (was mayor of Sorrento) when the prime minister of Italy (1902) stayed in his hotel.

That was among many beautiful inheritance stories of this lovely town. With that classic yet romantic storyline it has, I, never crossed my mind that I would be here.

Sorrento is a small town in Campania, southern of Italy. The town alongside its neighbour , Positano and Ravella is overlooking the Naples bay. This town is easily reach from Naples (north) or Salerno (south). The utmost thing that made me think it was possible to make it was the distance and cost. I found many travel agencies that handle a tour to Sorrento from Rome but the lowest price cost at 80Euro/ ppp. That was crazy! I pretty confident there's no chance that my husband will approve the price, so I made a deeply reseach. I was so into it..it kept coming in my dreams!

Italy has a good transportation connection and among the cheapest in Europe. Gahh! I found the very answer to my so called research haha. Sorrento lies at the south-eastern end of Circumvesuviana rail. It is a suburb train system ( like KTM to Nilai or Seremban). It costs only Euro6.8 returns ticket from Naples main station Garibaldi. And Naples is easily connected with Rome by InterCity train, two hours journey away. Other way to reach Sorrento, by express boat or ferry, but I chose train just to get close with the local life. Jauh perjalanan luas pandangan =)

Rome lies to the north of Naples. Pompeii is between Naples and Sorrento. Day trip hari tu we all ke Pompeii dulu, but I blog Sorrento first sebab Pompeii photos belum edit lagi =)


 perumahan-perumahan di sini..almost semua tempat ada diusahakan tanaman oren dan lemon..which reminds me of Andalusia!

Still as seen, lemons tree lined up the street.. Ths small lovely town however 'hidup' selepas jam 6 petang


Small but lovely town, Sorrento


Sebenarnya penat sangat with the long journey from Rome..I hope my son enjoyed it ..as part of kenangan terindah bersama mummy and daddy =)

The only souvenir shop yang buka..dapatlah another fridge magnet lagi =)


Villa Communale, a public park..where we got the greatest view of Naples bay

to my right...,



to my left...,




Sorrento has two harbours, Marina Grande and Marina Picolla, as seen above. But I liked Grande more for it's a small fishing village (said as among ancient) and yeah truly worth wander.

Tramontano hotel..




By series of steps down cliff, we reached Marina Grande. Unlike bustling Rome, this place gave a feel what life was once in Italy (or part of Italy). Hmm..I saw fishermen were preparing a new season, perhaps? Painting and sorting-out their boats..




Selepas solat, heh teringat orang-orang sini yang tertoleh-toleh dari tingkap rumah mungkin kehairanan dengan telekung saya.. After Grande, we went back to the Villa Communae. Just can't get enough of the stunning view. SubhanAllah..




Thanks a million, for always make my dreams come true.


So this is the train I was talking about..hehe..memang padan lah dengan harganya. After 40 mins of ride we reached Garibaldi, Naples main statin. Terkejut pula that our train to Rome delayed for 70 mins..But rupanya the ticket was upgraded to Eurostar speed train. Mahal tau train ni, kalau duit sendiri tak mampulah saya. Alhamdulillah rezeki!


Sorrento was a dream that came true =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

bestnyaaaa dapat jalan2.....

Anonymous said...

Hi..

Very nice travelog blog...jgn stop tau...selama ni silent reader, tapi hari ni dah bg 2 komen kat blog u...setiap hari saya masuk blog ni sbb nak tgk gambar dan berangan...minta2 lah cepat habis phd ni..saya nak buat post-doc di sana...dan kat sana bila nak pergi jalan tgk je blog ni untuk dapat info...aci tak?


Suhaila

Khairieah said...

sisterhood of the travelling pants =)

Ernie Khairina said...

Ano,
Best..tengok tmpt org.

Suhaila,
Bestnya..one day saya nk enrol phd juga..doakan ye
saya doakn awak cepat2 sampai uk balik hihi

dik..ya..cantik sini

Friday, March 9, 2012

(come back to) Sorrento

Come Back to Sorrento (Torna a Surriento) is a song said to composed in 1902 by De Curtis, which became wildly popular..even Elvis Presley and Pavarotti has their version among many other world class performers. It was a song composed as a request of a hotel owner, Guglielmo Tramontano (was mayor of Sorrento) when the prime minister of Italy (1902) stayed in his hotel.

That was among many beautiful inheritance stories of this lovely town. With that classic yet romantic storyline it has, I, never crossed my mind that I would be here.

Sorrento is a small town in Campania, southern of Italy. The town alongside its neighbour , Positano and Ravella is overlooking the Naples bay. This town is easily reach from Naples (north) or Salerno (south). The utmost thing that made me think it was possible to make it was the distance and cost. I found many travel agencies that handle a tour to Sorrento from Rome but the lowest price cost at 80Euro/ ppp. That was crazy! I pretty confident there's no chance that my husband will approve the price, so I made a deeply reseach. I was so into it..it kept coming in my dreams!

Italy has a good transportation connection and among the cheapest in Europe. Gahh! I found the very answer to my so called research haha. Sorrento lies at the south-eastern end of Circumvesuviana rail. It is a suburb train system ( like KTM to Nilai or Seremban). It costs only Euro6.8 returns ticket from Naples main station Garibaldi. And Naples is easily connected with Rome by InterCity train, two hours journey away. Other way to reach Sorrento, by express boat or ferry, but I chose train just to get close with the local life. Jauh perjalanan luas pandangan =)

Rome lies to the north of Naples. Pompeii is between Naples and Sorrento. Day trip hari tu we all ke Pompeii dulu, but I blog Sorrento first sebab Pompeii photos belum edit lagi =)


 perumahan-perumahan di sini..almost semua tempat ada diusahakan tanaman oren dan lemon..which reminds me of Andalusia!

Still as seen, lemons tree lined up the street.. Ths small lovely town however 'hidup' selepas jam 6 petang


Small but lovely town, Sorrento


Sebenarnya penat sangat with the long journey from Rome..I hope my son enjoyed it ..as part of kenangan terindah bersama mummy and daddy =)

The only souvenir shop yang buka..dapatlah another fridge magnet lagi =)


Villa Communale, a public park..where we got the greatest view of Naples bay

to my right...,



to my left...,




Sorrento has two harbours, Marina Grande and Marina Picolla, as seen above. But I liked Grande more for it's a small fishing village (said as among ancient) and yeah truly worth wander.

Tramontano hotel..




By series of steps down cliff, we reached Marina Grande. Unlike bustling Rome, this place gave a feel what life was once in Italy (or part of Italy). Hmm..I saw fishermen were preparing a new season, perhaps? Painting and sorting-out their boats..




Selepas solat, heh teringat orang-orang sini yang tertoleh-toleh dari tingkap rumah mungkin kehairanan dengan telekung saya.. After Grande, we went back to the Villa Communae. Just can't get enough of the stunning view. SubhanAllah..




Thanks a million, for always make my dreams come true.


So this is the train I was talking about..hehe..memang padan lah dengan harganya. After 40 mins of ride we reached Garibaldi, Naples main statin. Terkejut pula that our train to Rome delayed for 70 mins..But rupanya the ticket was upgraded to Eurostar speed train. Mahal tau train ni, kalau duit sendiri tak mampulah saya. Alhamdulillah rezeki!


Sorrento was a dream that came true =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

bestnyaaaa dapat jalan2.....

Anonymous said...

Hi..

Very nice travelog blog...jgn stop tau...selama ni silent reader, tapi hari ni dah bg 2 komen kat blog u...setiap hari saya masuk blog ni sbb nak tgk gambar dan berangan...minta2 lah cepat habis phd ni..saya nak buat post-doc di sana...dan kat sana bila nak pergi jalan tgk je blog ni untuk dapat info...aci tak?


Suhaila

Khairieah said...

sisterhood of the travelling pants =)

Ernie Khairina said...

Ano,
Best..tengok tmpt org.

Suhaila,
Bestnya..one day saya nk enrol phd juga..doakan ye
saya doakn awak cepat2 sampai uk balik hihi

dik..ya..cantik sini