Friday, December 19, 2008

dream

Have you ever dreamed of a dream, in that dream.. I don’t know how to make it straightforward.. but, yeah in that dream you are recognizing the real part till you can still remind yourself that you’re dreaming! You can tell yourself the consequences for next time it occurs, like when you experienced on a complicated moment and you know how to get out of it. It’s like a chaining dream! So bizarre but this has happened to me several times.

It was a late evening, monochrome vision.

There was a long road ahead, embraced in dark and shady background. Trees and branches, the wind blew with barely a whisper.. and I realized that I got lost in deep dark woods area at twilight. I thought if I walked through, I could make it to the end but as I tried to listen to the silence, I just went too far.


Suddenly, I glimpsed of this house (normal, not the haunted look) and hiked towards.. I immediately opened the door and stepped inside. It was a nice organized home, and it really wasn’t scary and haunted at all. I kept wandered around like Gordilocks and the three bears minus the porridge..and ended with a long pause..and sigh, I’ve been here before.. I was very positive that I still recognized the wardrobe and its kit inside, the couch and everything! And as I looked through the windowpane, I thought this house was at the seashore-blue sky-gentle breeze the last time I 'came in'?..and yeah, I repeat..I had a chaining dream..and it was some time ago…

Ok back in the mood... I saw a portraits album and it merely evoked reflection in me,..but the last thing I remembered was when I stood motionless in front of the door, without trying figured out how to open it.. and suddenly there was the omniscient narrator of Desperate Housewives..
" be careful of letting yourself in, because you might not know how to get out"
I’ve told you my dream was fantastic!


Cut!.. “Open the door and let me go..” I forgot my script, again..

Ok.. I made the last part..ok, not funny.


Anyway, dream doesn’t have to be so serious next time..but a vividly emotional, not logical..but I welcome myself to the house again next time.. at different place, beside a scenery lake, maybe?
Sharing as above, this is something we might be interested in,..
..or just freak us out.

******************************
Dreams may no longer be secret with Japan computer screen

TOKYO (AFP) – A Japanese research team has revealed it had created a technology that could eventually display on a computer screen what people have on their minds, such as dreams.
Researchers at the ATR Computational Neuroscience Laboratories succeeded in processing and displaying images directly from the human brain, they said in a study unveiled ahead of publication in the US magazine Neuron.
While the team for now has managed to reproduce only simple images from the brain, they said the technology could eventually be used to figure out dreams and other secrets inside people's minds.
"It was the first time in the world that it was possible to visualise what people see directly from the brain activity," the private institute said in a statement.
"By applying this technology, it may become possible to record and replay subjective images that people perceive like dreams."
When people look at an object, the eye's retina recognises an image that is converted into electrical signals which go into the brain's visual cortex.
The team, led by chief researcher Yukiyasu Kamitani, succeeded in catching the signals and then reconstructing what people see.
In their experiment, the researchers showed people the six letters in the word "neuron" and then succeeded in reconstructing the letters on a computer screen by measuring their brain activity.
The team said that it first figured out people's individual brain patterns by showing them some 400 different still images.

*********************************

No comments:

Friday, December 19, 2008

dream

Have you ever dreamed of a dream, in that dream.. I don’t know how to make it straightforward.. but, yeah in that dream you are recognizing the real part till you can still remind yourself that you’re dreaming! You can tell yourself the consequences for next time it occurs, like when you experienced on a complicated moment and you know how to get out of it. It’s like a chaining dream! So bizarre but this has happened to me several times.

It was a late evening, monochrome vision.

There was a long road ahead, embraced in dark and shady background. Trees and branches, the wind blew with barely a whisper.. and I realized that I got lost in deep dark woods area at twilight. I thought if I walked through, I could make it to the end but as I tried to listen to the silence, I just went too far.


Suddenly, I glimpsed of this house (normal, not the haunted look) and hiked towards.. I immediately opened the door and stepped inside. It was a nice organized home, and it really wasn’t scary and haunted at all. I kept wandered around like Gordilocks and the three bears minus the porridge..and ended with a long pause..and sigh, I’ve been here before.. I was very positive that I still recognized the wardrobe and its kit inside, the couch and everything! And as I looked through the windowpane, I thought this house was at the seashore-blue sky-gentle breeze the last time I 'came in'?..and yeah, I repeat..I had a chaining dream..and it was some time ago…

Ok back in the mood... I saw a portraits album and it merely evoked reflection in me,..but the last thing I remembered was when I stood motionless in front of the door, without trying figured out how to open it.. and suddenly there was the omniscient narrator of Desperate Housewives..
" be careful of letting yourself in, because you might not know how to get out"
I’ve told you my dream was fantastic!


Cut!.. “Open the door and let me go..” I forgot my script, again..

Ok.. I made the last part..ok, not funny.


Anyway, dream doesn’t have to be so serious next time..but a vividly emotional, not logical..but I welcome myself to the house again next time.. at different place, beside a scenery lake, maybe?
Sharing as above, this is something we might be interested in,..
..or just freak us out.

******************************
Dreams may no longer be secret with Japan computer screen

TOKYO (AFP) – A Japanese research team has revealed it had created a technology that could eventually display on a computer screen what people have on their minds, such as dreams.
Researchers at the ATR Computational Neuroscience Laboratories succeeded in processing and displaying images directly from the human brain, they said in a study unveiled ahead of publication in the US magazine Neuron.
While the team for now has managed to reproduce only simple images from the brain, they said the technology could eventually be used to figure out dreams and other secrets inside people's minds.
"It was the first time in the world that it was possible to visualise what people see directly from the brain activity," the private institute said in a statement.
"By applying this technology, it may become possible to record and replay subjective images that people perceive like dreams."
When people look at an object, the eye's retina recognises an image that is converted into electrical signals which go into the brain's visual cortex.
The team, led by chief researcher Yukiyasu Kamitani, succeeded in catching the signals and then reconstructing what people see.
In their experiment, the researchers showed people the six letters in the word "neuron" and then succeeded in reconstructing the letters on a computer screen by measuring their brain activity.
The team said that it first figured out people's individual brain patterns by showing them some 400 different still images.

*********************************

0 comments: