Monday, December 22, 2008

the weekend : national museum






It was last week when I drove through the highway, the banner caught my attention, Traditional Weapon Exhibition: Mystery & Mystical Beliefs..very interesting!

.. so the very next day, we spent the evening visited national museum.. and it was the third time for this year. I really am a museum fan.. lol.. Luckily that any reading doings will be just fine for him.


I was thinking the same as you.. a collection of keris in clear glass racks with each label of it..or maybe swords, spears..any? Actually it was more than those.



The presentation held in way more creative in its effort to encourage us and gain the deep understanding of this traditional weapon. I was wondering how they beat the gun at those age..maybe this sounds lame, but hey.. So from my reading it was actually not just an ordinary weapon.. but were the soul and the pride of the carrier. Fuhh..semangat!




from the legendary..cepat teka!

Weapon also used as medium in the practice of traditional healing.. heh.. I met this man, who can turn out a gemstone, and it look like a clear diamond called body stone from his urmm.. mouth, I swear I saw it!

Other than Malay’s, there were also weapon from ancient Chinese, Indian and many others but I was actually fascinated by this Senoi’s weapon called Sumpitan, the blowpipe bamboo. They carved the bamboo with motifs used symbolizes nature such as mountains, tress, water etc..each with diverse meaning and story.. artistic soul

Now which one is water?

No comments:

Monday, December 22, 2008

the weekend : national museum






It was last week when I drove through the highway, the banner caught my attention, Traditional Weapon Exhibition: Mystery & Mystical Beliefs..very interesting!

.. so the very next day, we spent the evening visited national museum.. and it was the third time for this year. I really am a museum fan.. lol.. Luckily that any reading doings will be just fine for him.


I was thinking the same as you.. a collection of keris in clear glass racks with each label of it..or maybe swords, spears..any? Actually it was more than those.



The presentation held in way more creative in its effort to encourage us and gain the deep understanding of this traditional weapon. I was wondering how they beat the gun at those age..maybe this sounds lame, but hey.. So from my reading it was actually not just an ordinary weapon.. but were the soul and the pride of the carrier. Fuhh..semangat!




from the legendary..cepat teka!

Weapon also used as medium in the practice of traditional healing.. heh.. I met this man, who can turn out a gemstone, and it look like a clear diamond called body stone from his urmm.. mouth, I swear I saw it!

Other than Malay’s, there were also weapon from ancient Chinese, Indian and many others but I was actually fascinated by this Senoi’s weapon called Sumpitan, the blowpipe bamboo. They carved the bamboo with motifs used symbolizes nature such as mountains, tress, water etc..each with diverse meaning and story.. artistic soul

Now which one is water?

0 comments: