Thursday, April 3, 2008

Unforgettable Beijing

Dealing with hectic life- office life to be exact, sangat la tak best. Everyday I feel like I had a déjà vu. Everyday pun you are doing with the same thing, keluar rumah pagi masuk rumah malam. So, after plan punya plan with hubby we had choose our destination to orient area, Beijing.
I love art and historic building so much! I often read a travel column in magazines, and this place attracts me most. After Europe, I have always dream to discover the Chinese art.

my travelogue..

The largest city square in the world, Tiananmen Square. The square is a conglomeration of splendid and beautiful flowers and the red national flag, which flutters in the wind. Me, hubby and the other peserta POTO travel seawal pagi lagi dah berada kat square ni. Bayangkan keadaan cuaca yang mencecah 1 degree celcius, sangat la sejuk! Tapi nyaman..hehe.


kirip kanan..kirip!

After some snapshots, we walked to Forbidden City. Magnificent. Rasa tak berkelip mata saya melihat a splendid palace complex seperti ini. Di katakan, this is one of the five world-famous palaces with the Palace of Versailles in France, Buckingham Palace in England, the White House in the U.S. and the Kremlin in Russia. Hebat kan!
forbidden cityposing sket..

A Chinese saying goes that He who has never been to the Great Wall is not a true man.
Hmm..its not that easy to climb this wall. I almost given hope to reach the first station pun, but there is kakak yang melewati saya said “ ai, dah sampai takkan tak nak naik ke atas?” so, saya kembali bersemangat. Dalam duk terkial-kial menapak tangga tuh, baru saya perasaan that hubby tengah merakamkan aksi saya dari jauh.Cheh..malunya!



successful attempt
If you ask which place I most celebrate in Beijing? No doubt, I would say its Summer Palace. Once been a summer resort for the emperors in the Qing Dynasty (1644-1911). If you had ever read about the China emperor history, you will know how much this worth to be discovers.
Kunming Lake welcome us. Helo abg Is are you freezing?
Damai

Because we had a limited time and this place fascinating me that I can stop myself from running from one place to another. I snapshot the living room, bedroom, dressing room and the painted wall. All decorated in an imperial style, luxurious and delicate. Though sometimes rasa seram juga tengok sebab terbayang macam-macam..hehe.
Classy
After all, you can't help imagining the life of the imperial family. While visiting the hutongs in Beijing, I have deep understanding of the common people. We have a ride by a pedicab and visit courtyards of both former aristocrat and local people. Menarik! Hutong ni kira macam Kg Baru la

kat melaka pun tak naik beca ni

I have night sightseeing. This big city offers me a wonderful view at night. When the lights, the traffic and the fast movement of everybody here, I conclude that Beijing is the busiest city I have ever been. When I was in Zurich, I remember that all the shops closed as the sunset. But here the people are still everywhere, so maybe this is how Asian lifestyle. Yelah macam kat KL la juga..dah pukul 9 pun federal highway still jam lagi..zzz.
But they do practicing a healthy life because I was informed that the citizen will pay and have their parks card and every morning they will enjoy the gardens or parks and have some walk or little exercise. Di Beijing juga kebanyakkan orang mengguna basikal sebagai kenderaan..tak ke sihat tu?
The muslim community is large here. Its easy for us to reach halal food, and mosque is everywhere. There is district named Naujie, the muslim area where we found the large mosque and markets. Di masjid ini saya sempat bersapa dengan imam besar who can fluently speak Arabic. And to his surprise that I can converse a little.hehe.. " Kaifa haluk?" and I let hubby do the rest.

friday praying

Adalah pemandangan biasa melihat ramai peminta sedekah menunggu jemaah ini keluar dari masjid. Kasihan melihat mereka. I was told that these people comes from pelusuk kampung. They are craving for food. But I noticed a lovely cute girl asking me for some. I felt pity for her, and dalam sibuk-sibuk mencari sedikit makanan untuk dia, dia lari pula..dah la saya dah jumpa this very nice mashmellow, rasa nak kongsi dengan dia..so, maybe i can have a lil chat with her..comel sgt budak nih. Dan berlaku la kejar mengejar antara kami..hehehe, rupanya die tidak hairan kepada mashmellow itu..anyway, i hope the girl will fine. She will doing fine..kan?

We visited the Panda Zoo. Along the way to the cage, I found various kind of souvenirs. All with the smiley and happy Panda image! But, when I came to the real Panda, I don’t know..I somehow felt that the real Panda is not so cheer like what I thought when I saw the souvenirs image. Panda having its extinction and to China, killing Panda is a very serious, immoral actions. Panda tu pun malu malu je bile orang nak ambik gambar die..mungkin die hilang keyakinan diri??

Melihat kepada manufactured barangan mereka..uishh sangat la canggih. Bayangkan Handphone Nokia N family yang dijual dengan harga lebih RM2K, saya dapati di sini mereka mengklonkan handphone dan dijual dalam harga separuh daripada itu. Hebat sangat..and have you ever cross a thumbdrive 32G. I never. Adalah tapi that’s called portable hard drive kan. Correct me if I am wrong..isk.tapi still, I didn’t buy any of them. Takut la juga. Anyway, kalau kita kata Malaysia Boleh..saya boleh katakana China Semua Boleh.



under the Beijing Subway
As we know that the Olympic games will be held in Beijing this August. Semua orang berharap kekacauan yang berlaku di Tibet tidak menganggu perjalanan temasya sukan yang besar ini. Because I saw how much they struggle for the preparation. Not to mention the people, their new Stadium so called Bird’s Nest saya lihat tersergam indah dengan perkampungan sukan mereka

Shopping part now. Hehe..actually I didn’t spend so much for shopping activities. But I have myself some clothes and fabrics, silk, jewelries and whats else ya? P/s tipu je..banyak shopping ni…

So, we have so much fun. Ternyata bumi Allah ini memberi satu pengalaman yang berharga buat saya dan hubby. So much places that so little that I can write here, so maybe you can visit my album. Picture wrote a thousand words.

Balik KL? Demam! I was warded 2 days kat Taman Desa Medical Centre. The doc said that blood saya tak bersih, sebab ade kuman. Begitula adanya laporan doc tu..Not so convincing me. i know that the virus have to be flush away from my body system, and that need me to drink lot of water. minum adalah lambat, so I myself yang offer to be warded so that mereka akan menyambung air ke badan saya. Bukan tak biasa cucuk cucuk ni. Alhamdullillah I am fine now..and back to work..sigh.

- Big city. Big living. Big dreams. Thanks for everything, Beijing

8 comments:

MommyAdam said...

hi ernie! yay another blog i can visit daily..hehe..

keciknye ko bediri sebelah askar2 tu boleh tak...haha...

Hed Demarco said...

Gilaa babiii.....blogger skang....

fizah said...

damn i should be a blogger too..ive been to quite many countries but memory tu 'hilang' camtu saja..ive been to beijing too but the way u put it here, so vivid that it felt like ive never been there ..nice one..

Ernie Khairina Mahtar said...

dot! haha, askar2 tuh besar sgt..ke aku kecik sgt? huhu

hed, thanks for visiting.

fizah, mari kite memblog..uhuhu..beijing best per

chun said...

ernie..aku tak sabar nak gi beijing jugak!! jom skali lagi wey.. heheh

.:: Khairieah ::. said...

hehe.someday lah kita p sama2.muahahahaha

ayu2523 said...

hehehe..aku dh baca blog ko ni ernie..you enjoy travelling so much & ada byk peluang utk travel after married ni kan ;)..neway, aku pn ada tambahan link blog nak bace selain aida ngan kekawan aku yg lain..do visit mine ayu2523.blogspot.com

Ernie Khairina Mahtar said...

wow..dot, another blog for us to read..
baby hada..nice one! hehe

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Unforgettable Beijing

Dealing with hectic life- office life to be exact, sangat la tak best. Everyday I feel like I had a déjà vu. Everyday pun you are doing with the same thing, keluar rumah pagi masuk rumah malam. So, after plan punya plan with hubby we had choose our destination to orient area, Beijing.
I love art and historic building so much! I often read a travel column in magazines, and this place attracts me most. After Europe, I have always dream to discover the Chinese art.

my travelogue..

The largest city square in the world, Tiananmen Square. The square is a conglomeration of splendid and beautiful flowers and the red national flag, which flutters in the wind. Me, hubby and the other peserta POTO travel seawal pagi lagi dah berada kat square ni. Bayangkan keadaan cuaca yang mencecah 1 degree celcius, sangat la sejuk! Tapi nyaman..hehe.


kirip kanan..kirip!

After some snapshots, we walked to Forbidden City. Magnificent. Rasa tak berkelip mata saya melihat a splendid palace complex seperti ini. Di katakan, this is one of the five world-famous palaces with the Palace of Versailles in France, Buckingham Palace in England, the White House in the U.S. and the Kremlin in Russia. Hebat kan!
forbidden cityposing sket..

A Chinese saying goes that He who has never been to the Great Wall is not a true man.
Hmm..its not that easy to climb this wall. I almost given hope to reach the first station pun, but there is kakak yang melewati saya said “ ai, dah sampai takkan tak nak naik ke atas?” so, saya kembali bersemangat. Dalam duk terkial-kial menapak tangga tuh, baru saya perasaan that hubby tengah merakamkan aksi saya dari jauh.Cheh..malunya!



successful attempt
If you ask which place I most celebrate in Beijing? No doubt, I would say its Summer Palace. Once been a summer resort for the emperors in the Qing Dynasty (1644-1911). If you had ever read about the China emperor history, you will know how much this worth to be discovers.
Kunming Lake welcome us. Helo abg Is are you freezing?
Damai

Because we had a limited time and this place fascinating me that I can stop myself from running from one place to another. I snapshot the living room, bedroom, dressing room and the painted wall. All decorated in an imperial style, luxurious and delicate. Though sometimes rasa seram juga tengok sebab terbayang macam-macam..hehe.
Classy
After all, you can't help imagining the life of the imperial family. While visiting the hutongs in Beijing, I have deep understanding of the common people. We have a ride by a pedicab and visit courtyards of both former aristocrat and local people. Menarik! Hutong ni kira macam Kg Baru la

kat melaka pun tak naik beca ni

I have night sightseeing. This big city offers me a wonderful view at night. When the lights, the traffic and the fast movement of everybody here, I conclude that Beijing is the busiest city I have ever been. When I was in Zurich, I remember that all the shops closed as the sunset. But here the people are still everywhere, so maybe this is how Asian lifestyle. Yelah macam kat KL la juga..dah pukul 9 pun federal highway still jam lagi..zzz.
But they do practicing a healthy life because I was informed that the citizen will pay and have their parks card and every morning they will enjoy the gardens or parks and have some walk or little exercise. Di Beijing juga kebanyakkan orang mengguna basikal sebagai kenderaan..tak ke sihat tu?
The muslim community is large here. Its easy for us to reach halal food, and mosque is everywhere. There is district named Naujie, the muslim area where we found the large mosque and markets. Di masjid ini saya sempat bersapa dengan imam besar who can fluently speak Arabic. And to his surprise that I can converse a little.hehe.. " Kaifa haluk?" and I let hubby do the rest.

friday praying

Adalah pemandangan biasa melihat ramai peminta sedekah menunggu jemaah ini keluar dari masjid. Kasihan melihat mereka. I was told that these people comes from pelusuk kampung. They are craving for food. But I noticed a lovely cute girl asking me for some. I felt pity for her, and dalam sibuk-sibuk mencari sedikit makanan untuk dia, dia lari pula..dah la saya dah jumpa this very nice mashmellow, rasa nak kongsi dengan dia..so, maybe i can have a lil chat with her..comel sgt budak nih. Dan berlaku la kejar mengejar antara kami..hehehe, rupanya die tidak hairan kepada mashmellow itu..anyway, i hope the girl will fine. She will doing fine..kan?

We visited the Panda Zoo. Along the way to the cage, I found various kind of souvenirs. All with the smiley and happy Panda image! But, when I came to the real Panda, I don’t know..I somehow felt that the real Panda is not so cheer like what I thought when I saw the souvenirs image. Panda having its extinction and to China, killing Panda is a very serious, immoral actions. Panda tu pun malu malu je bile orang nak ambik gambar die..mungkin die hilang keyakinan diri??

Melihat kepada manufactured barangan mereka..uishh sangat la canggih. Bayangkan Handphone Nokia N family yang dijual dengan harga lebih RM2K, saya dapati di sini mereka mengklonkan handphone dan dijual dalam harga separuh daripada itu. Hebat sangat..and have you ever cross a thumbdrive 32G. I never. Adalah tapi that’s called portable hard drive kan. Correct me if I am wrong..isk.tapi still, I didn’t buy any of them. Takut la juga. Anyway, kalau kita kata Malaysia Boleh..saya boleh katakana China Semua Boleh.



under the Beijing Subway
As we know that the Olympic games will be held in Beijing this August. Semua orang berharap kekacauan yang berlaku di Tibet tidak menganggu perjalanan temasya sukan yang besar ini. Because I saw how much they struggle for the preparation. Not to mention the people, their new Stadium so called Bird’s Nest saya lihat tersergam indah dengan perkampungan sukan mereka

Shopping part now. Hehe..actually I didn’t spend so much for shopping activities. But I have myself some clothes and fabrics, silk, jewelries and whats else ya? P/s tipu je..banyak shopping ni…

So, we have so much fun. Ternyata bumi Allah ini memberi satu pengalaman yang berharga buat saya dan hubby. So much places that so little that I can write here, so maybe you can visit my album. Picture wrote a thousand words.

Balik KL? Demam! I was warded 2 days kat Taman Desa Medical Centre. The doc said that blood saya tak bersih, sebab ade kuman. Begitula adanya laporan doc tu..Not so convincing me. i know that the virus have to be flush away from my body system, and that need me to drink lot of water. minum adalah lambat, so I myself yang offer to be warded so that mereka akan menyambung air ke badan saya. Bukan tak biasa cucuk cucuk ni. Alhamdullillah I am fine now..and back to work..sigh.

- Big city. Big living. Big dreams. Thanks for everything, Beijing

8 comments:

MommyAdam said...

hi ernie! yay another blog i can visit daily..hehe..

keciknye ko bediri sebelah askar2 tu boleh tak...haha...

Hed Demarco said...

Gilaa babiii.....blogger skang....

fizah said...

damn i should be a blogger too..ive been to quite many countries but memory tu 'hilang' camtu saja..ive been to beijing too but the way u put it here, so vivid that it felt like ive never been there ..nice one..

Ernie Khairina Mahtar said...

dot! haha, askar2 tuh besar sgt..ke aku kecik sgt? huhu

hed, thanks for visiting.

fizah, mari kite memblog..uhuhu..beijing best per

chun said...

ernie..aku tak sabar nak gi beijing jugak!! jom skali lagi wey.. heheh

.:: Khairieah ::. said...

hehe.someday lah kita p sama2.muahahahaha

ayu2523 said...

hehehe..aku dh baca blog ko ni ernie..you enjoy travelling so much & ada byk peluang utk travel after married ni kan ;)..neway, aku pn ada tambahan link blog nak bace selain aida ngan kekawan aku yg lain..do visit mine ayu2523.blogspot.com

Ernie Khairina Mahtar said...

wow..dot, another blog for us to read..
baby hada..nice one! hehe